Friday, October 8, 2010

Finished Products in September

In the month of September, I finished:
(Note: please read me)


✔ Stila Sheer Pressed Powder -- I have this powder in the shade Medium, which is just right for my skintone. But actually it wouldn't have mattered that much anyway because it only offers a sheer coverage. It mattifies oily skin quite effectively so that's why I toss it in my purse on the go as my blot powder. The big mirror is a plus so I don't have to bring an extra mirror. I am so excited to finally hit pan on this though, because I am itching to try out another pressed powder. I want to save this packaging/pan though, I just love its silver embossed florals on the outside. Maybe I can press my own blush in there in the future?

Kiss Me Heroine Long and Curl Mascara -- All time favorite mascara. Super water proof, oil proof, and does a super job keeping my lashes curled/lengthened all day long. I've always purchased the Long and Curl version in the past, so this time when I purchased backups, I bought their Volume and Curl version as well and used it for my wedding -- love it just as much! So I'd recommend either one of the Kiss Me Heroine mascaras to you. It takes a bit of patience to take this mascara off -- be patient, and be gentle :) For nice defined lashes, it's well worth the effort.

Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Mascara -- To be honest, I didn't really finish this mascara, but I know I won't be using it much anyway so might as well toss it than having it take up room in my makeup drawers. I know some blogger ladies really love this one, but it just didn't do much for me. The formula is really wet, so sometimes after I apply the mascara on, and uncontrollably blink, I'd end up with black smudges on my lid :T It also clumps my lashes like no other, did not hold my curls well -- all in all just not something I'd want to purchase again. It's been a while since I used Cover Girl's Lash Blast, but I remember I had better result with that one! 

Do you ladies have a recommendation for a good non-waterproof mascara for my everyday use? As much as I love Kiss Me Heroine, sometimes when I get off work, I just don't feel like sitting in front of the vanity trying to remove my stubborn mascaras off -- non-waterproof would be so much easier to remove. I might just have to go pick up more Cover Girl Lash Blast -- I spotted those 3-packs at Costco for $13.99, and often times they have $3.5 off coupons on the pack, which makes them a great deal.

Pond's Clean Sweet Wet Towelettes -- Another month, another pack. This is my last pack of Pond's towelettes. While it does the job well, I think I am ready to venture onto other brands so I can try and compare. Which one should I try next?

Korres Body Milk in Bitter Almond --Loved this. Perfect formulation for the summer -- light, non-greasy, easy to absorb, and makes skin moisturized and soft. Perfect scent -- Bitter Almond scent reminds me of almond pudding/milk, my fav!
Mario Badescu Control Cream --I had talked about a few Mario Badescu products in the post here.  The Control Cream was one of them. Loves the soothing effect, loved the texture, but probably won't repurchase because it's a bit expensive -- I have never tried it on my face though, even though it's meant to be a face cream, which would have been okay I suppose. Give it a try if you suffer from red, rashy, flaky, and irritated skins, it really helped me!

ELF Zit Zapper -- Finished my first tube in a month, and loved it. I will repurchase this for sure, for a dollar and something that works, I will always keep a few backups at hand! To clarify, I didn't finish a tube this fast because I had tons of zits to zap (hahaha) but I find it to be a nice anti-acne serum (to the same effect of the Neutrogena Anti-Acne Anti-Aging Cream that I had finished and loved) to apply in large areas on my face to prevent acne from forming. I just take the roller ball and roll out a bunch of products onto my finger tips and dap over my cheeks and forehead -- where I tend to break out more. 

Skin MD Natural Face, Hand & Body Shielding Lotion -- Onto my second bottle already, and love this! Super light weight and makes my skin feel nicely moisturized. It was especially helpful to calm down my inflamed skin during eczema.

Shiseido Ultimate Sun protection Lotion SPF 55 -- I used to use this bottle for my face only and it lasted me for such a long time because I only needed a little bit of the product every time for my face, and I'd only use it on days when I will be outdoors a lot, when I know I'll get a lot more sun exposure than just sitting in my office all day. But in fear of it expiring (sadly I couldn't find a clearly printed expiration date on the bottle like most sunscreens do, it does have some sort of code which could give me indication but I never bothered to do research haha), I started to apply it on my body as well in the past month or so, and that helped me to finish up the bottle a lot more quickly. Would I repurchase? Definitely! It's already on my list of things to purchase during the Sephora FF sale this year, along with the SPF eye cream also from Shiseido.

Gold Bond Body Lotion Triple Action Relief for Dry & Itchy Skin -- OMG finally done w/ this bottle! Seriously this bottle has been traveling through two moves already! I first purchased it to use as an anti-itch cream to sooth my flared skin due to eczema. As it wasn't proven to be as effective as hydrocortizone cream, I stopped using the bottle. So when I discovered it again last month, I was determined to finish it once and for all so it doesn't go to waste, and I am glad I rediscovered it because it was such a nice treat to use in the summer. Why? Because the menthol in the cream that's suppose to help relieve itchiness makes my skin feel super cool and refreshed upon application, and on a hot summer day, it feels super nice, like a cool treat for the legs/arms! :)

Vitamin Conditioner in Acai Berry Guava -- As a conditioner, it does the job just okay. But the scent is so sweet and yummy -- I really enjoy yummy shampoo/conditioners in the shower because it just makes the experience so much better, right? :p

Ole Henriksen Fresh Start Eye Creme -- Really liked this eye cream. Comes in a big jar that lasted me quite a long time too. Very hydrating, so gentle, and fast absorbing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always so impressed by your finished products posts! I run through lip balms, body lotions, and moisturizers fairly quickly, but never makeup! I was so excited when I hit pan on my mattifying powder in July, but there's still plenty left hahaha. My favorite mascara is Majolica Majorca Lash Expander, but that's not so easy to remove either. I love that CG Lash Blast doesn't clump, but it's honestly not dramatic enough for me. Plus it smudges. I love layering it over Lancome Cils XL Booster though, which gets rid of both problems, plus is still easy to remove. You might want to check that mascara base out :) My HG easy-to-remove mascara used to be Max Factor 2000 Calorie (not the Extreme version, which was in a fat tube, but the original) but then they discontinued that entire line in the US, which made me so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finished so much products!! =O I'm amazed!! I still have to try and make myself use products, lol!

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete