Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Claire's Mood Color Changing Nail Polish

Over the weekend, I stopped by Claire's during our casual mall stroll, and decided to give these Claire's Mood Color Changing nail polishes a try. I've seen them on the shelves for a few months now, and my curiosity finally won me over, plus this time I was able to spot two lovely shades that I know I could wear everyday -- instead of the usual blues/greens/purples that I see more often on the shelves.


The shades I picked up are in Awesome/Silly and Excited/Bored. How these nail polish work is that when your finger nails are warm, the colors are lighter than if your nails are colder. These work especially well when you have longer nails, so it gives off that nice French manicure/gradient look, because the nails on your nail beds are naturally warmer than the long nails that hang past your finger tips, so the tips of your nails would look darker than on your nail bed. I hope you get the picture, I wish I have longer nails to show you -- maybe in a few weeks when they grow longer, I'll post another picture to show you what I mean :)

Awesome/Silly is a cool pink color that turns brighter pink when cold, and Excited/Bored is a super pretty coral color that I love.


On my hand, I have Excited/Bored. Here is what it looks like in room temperature. You can faintly see a bit of a darker line where my nail is hanging out (hence the colder "mood") -- ahh my short stubby nails :( Maybe this will be a motivation for me to tend my nails more carefully and make them grow longer and stronger -- which has always been my wish.

When I run my hand under cold water, the color turn into a much brighter shade.

Compared to when my hands are dry/warmer.

Isn't this nail polish cool? I totally get amused by little things like this, hehehe.

Also from the weekend, I stopped by Daiso hoping to find the sponge cleanser that Dina was talking about here. But I couldn't find it :( Instead I grabbed a few random stuff, including these two:
The one on the left are mesh sleeves that you can slip onto hair brushes. Those with long hair know that when you brush your hair, the fall outs will get stuck in between the bristles, making them very hard to clean. Also over time, dust might collect at the base of the bristles -- these nifty little sleeves would make cleaning much easier. Once hair gets collected on the hair brush, all you have to do is lift out the sleeve (along w/ the hair and gunk) and replace with a new one. It also claims to have anti-bacterial effects.

The little spatula on the right is made of soft flexible rubber. This is handy when you have a face or eye cream that comes in a jar. Instead of digging your finger in there, which is both unsanitary and products might also get trapped under your finger nails, these spatula will do a much better job. The soft flexible tip also ensures that you can scoop out every last drop of the product out of the jar. What I like about it is that it comes with a cap that you can cover the spatula with when not in use or traveling, which prevents it from getting dirty.

See this is why I love to visit Daiso, I can always find useful little items that will make everyday life more fun and convenient :)

18 comments:

  1. Waaaaant the mood polish! D: It looks so awesome!
    xoxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Daiso too :) they have anything and everything there :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Daiso, so glad i live near one lol. I have those brush things too, very helpful when cleaning the hair brush.

    I have to pick up those claire nailpolishes... i've been wanting them but always forgetting. i am getting this this weekend. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those nail polishes are really cool and cute! Ah I'm loving your beauty finds at Daiso, useful beauty tools. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mood nail polish is so interesting! :):) Nice hauls from Daiso :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nail polishes are so cute and cool. I'm always a sucker for cute gimmicky stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The polishes are very cute. Wow I haven't been to a Claire's in years.. I see a visit in my future.. ^^ Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoever made all of these products are genius....haha.....esp. that hair brush protector....how are you Lulu????

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think forever 21 sold similar mood nail polishes too!! for only $2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mood changing nail polish looks really cool!
    Btw, I've already gotten the sponge cleanser for you :)
    I think I need to check out Daiso again to see the little spatula!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so interesting and so pretty! i don't go to claire's often but i really should check it out. btw, if you get a chance you should try gel nails. since i had it on my nails grow out a lot. and those 2 daiso tools are now on my shopping list. idk why i didn't spot them before. did you find it in the UC store?

    ReplyDelete
  12. the nail polishes are so cool! daiso always have such creative and useful things

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh! Those things from Daiso are so interesting!! I want them both! & the sponge cleaner =D
    Lalala~ I want to go to a Daiso!!!=)

    And the nail polish is soo cool!!! I saw something similar sold here but it changes according to lighting. It's a different colour when you are indoors and outdoor in the sunlight

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg! That nail polish is so cool, I'll have to check it out this weekend. Hopefully they have some in stock *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah I wish there was a Daiso near where I live =(
    That nail polish is too cool. Other nail polish companies should follow suit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the hair brush cleaning sleeve sounds soooo awesome! i'll have to keep my eyes out for that!

    also love the mood color changing polish.. makes me want to grow out my nails so i can have that gradient effect xD

    ReplyDelete
  17. *sigh* When will Daiso realize that they need to open one up in SoCal?! Those are two totally cool things I'd totally buy too. ;) I love the mood changing polishes. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete