Monday, October 11, 2010

♥ September Favorites ♥


In the month of September, I enjoyed using:

♥ ~H2O+ Anti-Acne Overnight Complex -- This product was my substitute after I finished the Neutrogena Anti-Acne Anti-Aging Cream. I feel that it's essential for me to include an anti-acne serum in my daily routine since I do have acne-prone skin, so it's a good idea to prevent new pimples from forming at all times. This ~H2O+ serum comes in a light gel form that contains salicylic acid as the main anti-acne ingredient. I love that it feels light on the skin and quickly absorbs without leaving my face greasy. Almost done with this tube yay :)



♥ Rock and Republic Exhibition Pressed Powder in Satin -- I used this pressed powder for touch up during my wedding. And for the past two weeks or so I have also been using it as my setting powder during my makeup routine. Besides the fact that I love its glam and sturdy packaging, I also find the powder to be smooth, somewhat pigmented, and does not become cakey throughout the day. I was able to use just a concealer for spot concealing, and a thin layer of the powder all over my face today before I stepped out of the door, no foundation or BB cream needed -- it really helps to even out my complexion. The shade Satin is a perfect match for my ~NC25 skin tone. 


♥ Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel --Forget the harsh grainy exfoliators, this enzyme peel does the exfoliating job so much better, without the risk of it being too harsh to the skin. It is also perfect for traveling because it comes in powder form in the bottle -- doesn't weight much, and doesn't make a ton of mess, especially with its pre-measured sprout that pours out the perfect amount of products for every use.  I use this peel after I cleanse my face either in the morning or in the night after shower. It was a life saver the few weeks before my wedding -- a wonderful product to help my skin stay smooth and flake free -- helped with my chapped lips too! I suggest you to use it during your morning regime on the day of a big event, so your skin will be freshly prepared to let skincare soak in better, and let makeup sit on smoothly.

♥ Shiseido Tsubaki Damage Care Hairmask --The Shiseido Tsubaki line is quite popular among blogger ladies. This was my first jar of tsubaki hairmask. I had previously bought this for May and friends before, but it never occurred to me to try it out myself. But when my hair was somewhat lackluster and I was in desperate need to make it smooth and shiny for my wedding, I picked up a jar to try, and it worked great! I apply this hair mask after I wash my hair, concentrating on the ends, then I'd clip my hair up and let it sit and work the magic while I finish the rest of my shower, and finally rinse the mask off. My hair would instantly feel a lot smoother, and next day more volumized and shinier. 


♥ Beautyblender -- Jumped on the bandwagon a few months back and got my own Beautyblender sponge, and I loved using it! This was the tool that helped me to get that flawless airbrushed skin for my wedding day! It's the perfect little tool for blending in foundations, and dabbing on concealers, and it's so fun to use!


♥ Urban Decay Naked Palette -- Last but not least, finally a chance to showcase my Naked Palette. The reason I haven't talked about it much was because as soon as I received it, I stowed it away in a little box of makeup labeled wedding kit -- I knew the two matte brown shades (Naked and Buck) would be perfect for my simple day time eye makeup. I also used Virgin for the brow bone and inner corners of my eyes, and Darkhorse as liner.

20 comments:

  1. the ~H2O+ Anti-Acne Overnight Complex sounds really great! I'll check this out when I finish my current skincare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still loving my Naked palette too, I use it almost everyday. I need to try that Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel, I love Enzyme Peels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!Lulu, How are you?I love tsubaki shampoo&conditioner but I've never tried the mask....I guess I should one of these days...and I still have to get the naked which is still sold out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you for being so consistent on doing monthly favorite posts! I love reading them, but I always forget about them myself, haha...

    Oh, the Beaty Blender Sponge! It is designed for using it with fluid foundation rather than for cream foundations, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your favorites girl!! That UD Naked Palette is what I have my eyes on right now. Hopefully that I'll order it off of Sephora's website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The H2O Lotion sounds really nice! I don't think I'll be getting the NAKED palette anytime soon, but it's surely nice to look at. And I'm glad the hype has sort of died down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely September favorites! I am intrigued by that Amore Pacific enzyme gel now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice favourites! I haven't tried any of these and don't even know where to start in trying them out!!
    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha it makes the products seem way more awesome b/c you used it right before your wedding. i definitely just added a few more things onto my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LULU you just made me want the beautyblender even more! hahaha :P i love tsubaki, im definitely getting some when i go to hkg this november :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your sep favourites! maybe i should add beautyblender to my buying list :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lulu,

    Thank you for sharing your favorites with us. I liked the beautyblender for cream concealer, it was great. I'm definitely wanting the hair masks now as I like the regular conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep hearing so many raves about the BeautyBlender. I'm very tempted to go buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great list! I still haven't tried Beautyblender. *blushes* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So tempted to buy myself a tsubaki hair mask gah! ><

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've just discovered Rock & Republic pressed powders. I'm NC20/25...do you think that Satin will work for me as well? Or is it so perfect for you that it may be too dark for me?
    I would only use a light dusting of this powder as I rarely wear makeup -- this will just be to take the sheen off my forehead and to even out my skin tone a bit. Oh -- I should have asked before: does the R&R powder have any mattifying properties?

    Thank you and keep up the great blog! (i just discovered it!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @boobooninja
    I own two shades of the r&r powder, after referring back to this post: http://luluchinadoll.blogspot.com/2010/08/rock-and-republic-haul-3.html, I think satin should work pretty good for ya, its a sheer application so you can always build it up if you need more coverage. Like you mentioned, you only wanted a light dusting of powder anyway, it does take off the sheen pretty well, although if you have oily skin, you'd probably need to reapply after a few hours. Hope that helps :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your help. It's so hard to order makeup without seeing it in person. I did more research after I left my comment and I've heard that Chiffon is another good match for NC 20/25...though one girl (NC25( said that Chiffon was a tad dark for her. This is strange because I have a feeling that Satin is darker than Chiffon. *sigh* :D

    ReplyDelete