Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Finished Products in October

I spent the first half of October traveling. Hubby and I went on our honeymoon on a 15-day cruise across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii. After the ship reached Hawaii, we spent 5 days, each day on a different island, and visited the different parts of Hawaii. It was a really wonderful trip. We were able to spend a lot of time on our big cruise ship relaxing, sunbathing, and reading. Hawaii was absolutely gorgeous and I was so sad to leave. We will definitely have to go back soon and spend longer there!

Even though I was away from home for half of the month, I did not forget to pack all my skincare essentials with me. On top of which, lots of sunscreen too! While I really wanted to come back from the trip with a healthy glow, I did not want to get burned either. I feel like nowadays when I travel, I can't seem to pack light anymore! Even with transferring some products into travel sized bottles, all my "essentials" took over a big chunk of my suitcase. However I guess I had an excuse this time, since we were to be in the middle of the ocean for 5 whole days before we reach land in Hawaii, I had to make sure I pack everything that we needed. In an attempt to come back home lighter, I tried very hard to use up as much products as possible on the trip.  Before I digress any further, let's get started with the products I finished in this past month:

✔Kao Style Lock Hair Spray -- Don't let the picture fool you, this hair spray can is actually only about the size of my hand, but it makes it a nice size to bring on travel with. I also liked that it didn't leave my hair with sticky residue, or leave my hair strands super stiff. It's also fragrance free, which is nice. I don't like to use anything that would mask or mix with the perfume I am wearing that day.

✔Neutrogena UltraSheer Dry-Touch Sunblock in SPF 70 -- This is a very good sunscreen for the body. It does not apply greasy or heavy, unlike some of the other sunscreens I have used in the past. Yet it is not too expensive either so feel free to reapply as much as you want throughout the day. The tube itself is decently sized and not too bulky, which makes carrying it not too bad. I always remembered to toss one in my beach bag and carry it around the deck, so throughout the day while we were out relaxing on the deckchairs, I'd pull it out often and remind the both of us to reapply. Sun protection is a must!

✔Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion --  I didn't want to bring a big bottle/jar of body lotion with me, and since I was going to a place a lot warmer, I also didn't need a super moisturizing lotion. So I thought the shielding lotion was perfect. It's light in texture, easy to absorb and apply, yet kept my skin nicely moisturized.

✔Borghese Salt Scrub -- This salt scrub is a very nice body exfoliator that sloughs off dead skin cells and leaves skin smoother to reveal a more glowy skin underneath. It's got a really refreshing scent too, which makes using it enjoyable. The only bad thing with a salt scrub is, do not let it touch any broken skin, it hurts so bad!

✔~H2O+ Anti-Acne Overnight Complex -- I really liked this light weight gel like serum that helps to prevent acne. This is definitely a product I would repurchase when I get a chance, but unfortunately I do not live near an ~H2O+ retail store. I am now looking for a new anti-acne serum to try, and I am eyeing on the Ole Henriksen one. Anyone have any suggestions?

✔Rosette Hello Kitty Collagen Wash -- So sad that I used this face wash up! But considering that I used it day and night everyday, this tube actually lasted me quite a while, since you only need a tiny bit of product to make a nice dollop of foam. Definitely a lovely product that I wouldn't mind stocking up for. I loved the way it foamed up, the way it left my face feeling squeaky clean and how easy it was to rinse off the product with no slippery residue. Plus the package alone is good enough of a reason to keep me interested.

✔Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage -- The metal roller ball applicator was a nice treat to use in the mornings to help cool and depuff my eye. I didn't feel like the serum itself did much, but I liked that it was light weight, and easy to absorb. I always use an eye cream after the serum just to make sure my eye area are moisturized.

✔Garnier Nutritioniste Nutri-Pure Detoxifying Wet Cleansing Towelettes -- After a few packs of Pond's cleansing towelettes, I wanted to switch up and try something new so I picked these Garnier ones up. These are not too bad either. The smell was pleasant, the clothes was soft and big enough to remove makeup for my whole face, and sometimes I even use it to remove my non-waterproof mascara if I get lazy that day (instead of using separate eye makeup removers). Most importantly, it didn't leave annoying oily residue on my face afterward. When there is a sale on this product, I would consider repurchase.

19 comments:

  1. I love the Neutrogena sunblock <3, thats my staple for the summer days. Try out the coolmist spray, it's amazing when you're on the beach!

    LA DA DA DA DA...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you finished LOTS of products, impressive!

    There are H2O stores in Hong Kong, if you want their stuff, just let me know :)

    I like the neutrogena sunblock too! you must have had so much fun in Hawaii! Did you get tanned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you finish so many products in a month! i'm gonna try the neutrogena sunblock next! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you finished quite a number!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayy! Another "finished products" post :D I love the neutrogena sunscreen too for the body! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA i still havent used up the HKxRosette cleanser! Im loving FANCL's washing powder thats why.

    I also finished my Neutrogena sunscreen a while back. Its really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even after reading this post every single month, I still don't understand how you keep doing it! I strive to use things up like you...so far it's not working out too well (although I suppose I do burn through skincare products rather quickly), but I never notice when I do hahah. The Hello Kitty wash is ADORABLE! I would buy that for the packaging alone too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, great job finishing all those products Lulu! The Skin MD picture was so nostalgic as it reminded me of the early days of blogging. :) I've used the Lumene (CVS/Target brand) eye ball roller and agree about the metal feeling nice in the morning but it didn't do much for me either. THanks for sharing all the reviews Lulu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. U always do a great job of finishing up ur beauty products! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Kao Hair Sprayhas such a pretty packaging....I admire you for finishing a lot of stuff..another reason to shop...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You're always finishing some stuff up!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you did great again this month! i didn't even finish 2 products haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hawaii sounds amazing!! Welcome back and glad you brought all the necessary essentials :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the hello kitty wash is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with that it's hard to pack light these days. I always come up with a heavy suitcase :p
    You're so good at finishing products even though you're away for half of the month! *impressed*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your trip sounded so lovely! Hawaii must have been quite a treat! I've never actually traveled before so I wonder how much I would pack haha XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion has been my absolute skin savior in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am with you on the packing light thing! It can be so tough. But you certainly did a great job finishing all these products while on your trip! Kudos =D I still can't get over how cute that HK wash is...hee hee.

    (Thanks! Also, I thought it rained more in NorCal?)

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice. dude i can't pack light either hahaha! which is why i've been resorting to palettes instead of single eyeshadows. and i really need to find more travel-sized items.. or at least transfer my stuff over to smaller bottles.. but some things you just can't really avoid. GAH. so annoying!!

    but your honeymoon sounded SOOOO nice!! i'm glad you guys had such a great time :D

    ReplyDelete