Monday, November 15, 2010

New Haircare Products

I recently picked up a set of new hair care products from Fekkai and a hair styling product from HerCut. Now that I have used both for a couple of weeks, I thought it's time to briefly talk about them.
I have never tried Frederick Fekkai products prior to this, but I have always heard good things and have always wanted to try. I picked up the Frederick Fekkai More 4 Step System, which is designed to help increase hair density. I have extremely thin hair that lacks in volume, even more so during the fall as I lose more hair during brushing and washing than usual.  I was hoping this would help me to get healthier roots and more volumized hair.
The Scalp-Purifying Shampoo and Root-Nourishing Conditioner came in 8 Oz. bottles with a really cool cap design that twists open to reveal the opening on top to let products flow through. The shampoo's formula is very thick, and you only need a little bit to foam up and cleanse all my hair. After rinsing off, my hair was left with such a clean feeling. The smell is nice and pleasant to, it reminds me of men cologne. The conditioner makes my hair instantly feeling smoother. Normally I don't apply hair conditioners on my scalp because that tends to weigh my hair down. But since this is a root-nourishing conditioner and it was recommended to massage all over my scalp to condition the roots of my hair, I followed the instruction. Much to my pleasure this conditioner did not make my hair feel heavy and limp after my hair is dry.
The set also comes with a bottle of All-Day Density Styling Whip, which is basically a styling mousse that you can apply to just washed wet hair, and a Nighttime Follicle-Boosting Treatment. The treatment actually sounds really cool. You put it on dry hair before bed, and let it do its job over night while you sleep. In the morning, you rinse off the product and follow up with the styling whip. Obviously this hair care system is designed more for people who wash their hair in the morning.  I haven't used either products many times, because I usually wash my hair in the night before bed, and I don't like to put on styling products and go to sleep with it. When the weather gets warmer perhaps I will try to wash my hair in the morning so I can use these products more.

After my first positive experience with Fekkai products, I think I would like to try the Brilliant Glossing Shampoo, and the Full Blown Volume Shampoo. Even though his shampoos are a bit more pricey than what I normally use (Sehiseido tsubaki, and a variety of drugstore shampoos such as Pantene, Garnier etc), but you only need little products each time, and the results have been so far amazing for me. Now I wake up with puffier hair that doesn't lay against my oily scalp by the end of the day, and I can't be happier.

The next product that I discovered recently that has also became my holy grail big-hair product is the HerCut The Shag Catalyst.  I find that it really helps to bring out the layers in my hair, making it appear more volumized and airy.  The best part about the product is that the formula does not attract dirt and other extraneous elements, which means it could help my hair feeling clean for longer. I usually have to wash my hair every day, but with this product, I finally could go for second day hair that still doesn't look so greasy. Once the product dries, it doesn't make my hair feel stiff or sticky at all. So thank you, HerCut for helping me to achieve my best hair days! I want to try the Long Layers Catalyst next, I think my hair falls for this category more so than a shag style anyway :p

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the helpful reviews Lulu! Wah your review on the HerCut product really makes me want to get it, I think Long Layers would be good for me too. ^^ I've been lazy with my hair lately so I need a new product to change things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to try the the catalyst thing! i imagine it'll give me shampoo ad worthy hair. The type of hair that goes woosh woosh. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. both products sound amazing! i have limpy, flat, thin, oily hair too lol So i think i'm going to have to give this a try after I finish my current shampoo! thanks for the review Lulu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that Fekkai hair kit looks so nice! I also have thin hair that lacks volume so your review is definitely helpful. :D Love how you mentioned the HerCut bringing out your layers. Sounds like I have another item to put on my "to buy" list...tee hee. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the same hair type so this review is really helpful.....I'm so interested with the HerCut Shag Catalyst looks like a great product....Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome review hun! i heard hercut is really great. maybe i should try it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh the HerCut Catalyst sounds super cool. I've heard a lot of hype about that one too. I'm glad the Fekkai stuff is working out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for new hair care products!! I love trying out new stuff for my hair as the tsubaki is not working anymore for me :( I heard so much about the HerCut product that I want to try it also :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for impressive review on some high end Hair Care Products such as Brilliant Glossing Shampoo and the Full Blown Volume Shampoo. But what are the price tag? A good quality product should also be perfectly priced.

    ReplyDelete