Sunday, November 7, 2010

♥ October Favorites ♥


Throughout the month of October, I really enjoyed using:

♥ Urban Decay Naked Palette --This wonderful palette of neutral shadows made my list again because I have been using this palette to create different office friendly looks every single day. I love to mix and match different shadow shades everyday for something different, yet still office appropriate. My favorite way of using these shadows is to pick a lighter/sparkly color for the inner corners and then a darker shade as liner and a little bit of outer V, then blend blend blend. It's super duper simple and saves me a lot of time in the morning too! The shadows are soft and pigmented, they last the whole day on my eyelids with the help of eye primer.


♥ MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Breezy -- This is my very first MAC blush! Back when I first purchased it, I have used it every single day. But as my blush collection grew overtime, it has been sadly neglected. This month, I dug it out of my storage again and decided to use it more often. It is super pigmented, so I always use a stippling brush to dab the blush on. It creates a rosy cheek that is perfect for the fall.



♥ Vital Radiance Moisture Covering Compact Makeup SPF 15 -- Never heard of Vital Radiance brand before but apparently it is a division of Revlon. Mom gave me this foundation and I never opened it up to use because it looked too dark for me. Well after I came back from Hawaii, I realized my skin was getting a little too dark for the product I was using prior to the trip, so I dug this one out and tried it on, and it was a perfect match for my new (and temporary) skin tone. I actually really like this cream foundation -- I have never tried cream foundation before, and always thought they are heavy and cakey. Well not the case for this one. It provides me with very good and even coverage. I used a stippling brush to apply the product on my face. Now after my first taste of cream foundations, I am very interested to try out the MAC Mineralize Foundation SPF 15.

♥ Mario Badescu Special Healing Powder --This powder is suppose to contain acne fighting ingredients that help to disinfect and heal blemishes. I use a fluffy brush to dust this powder on my bare t-zone area before any foundation, as a way to shield my face and prevent acne, and also to help control the oil throughout the day. The key is to lightly dust it on. It does a pretty good job at oil controlling for me.

♥ Korres Mandarin Lip Butter SPF 15 -- I like that this lip balm is in a tube form that makes application much easier and sanitary, especially when you are on the go. It is so richly moisturizing, but doesn't make my lips feel heavy. The SPF 15 is an added plus as well.

♥ Urbay Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil -- I am starting to really like concealer pencils, ever since my first success with the ELF concealer pencils. They are so convenient to use because of their precise application, and also sanitary because they will get sharpened regularly, and no finger dipping into pots required. The texture of this Urban Decay one is so creamy and the coverage is awesome. Once dry it dries matte and doesn't budge throughout the day.

20 comments:

  1. nice! i didnt know about that MB special healing powder, does it really prevent breakouts lulu love? :)

    the UD concealer pencil sounds awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait for my UD Naked Palette to arrive :D!! so you just used two shadows from it each time :)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, got to get that naked palette. But it is sold out everywhere. Can't believe how many people use makeup thesedays, haha^0^

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, I'm seriously starting to consider the UD Naked palette! everyone seems to love it so much, I just keep wondering if I really need another neutrals palette lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blush seems so dark and pigmented! Very nice for the colder weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have not used my Naked palette. it looks to pretty to use! Lol. Actually trying to finish up my neutral palette before I crack open the Naked palette. I too like concealer pencils. i am currently using my Shu concealer pencil, it's double ended and one is more of a concealer & the other is more of a corrector(I think). At least that is how I use it. Nice faves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do I have to use my Naked Palette? That was the first thing you said when you went in my walkin <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok i think is bad, but i may possibly want the naked palette now even tho i own a lot of neutral shadows already

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still waiting for the Naked palette to come back in stock, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lulu! thanks for following and commenting back ;) i'm a total amateur in eyeshadows, and that's why i seldom do EOTDs :P hope the shadows in the Naked palette are versatile and easy to work with :D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome favorites!! I'm waiting on the Naked Palette to be restocked soon so I can snatch it up lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your faves have never failed to enable me! The Mario Badescu healing powder sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great favorites Lulu! dang i still need to get my hands on the Naked palette lol I must be the only person who doesn't own it..ughh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the awesome reviews Lulu! :) Do you use the UD concealer pencil on your undereye circles too? Aw I need to rediscover old favorites like first blushes and use them up too. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice!! I want to try out that blush and concealer pencil now!! ^^ I have dark, dark circles so I usually have to layer my concealer for better coverage. However, it looks so cakey and obvious that I have makeup on!! I want the very natural-dewy look ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey I got my bf to find the biore sunscreen in Shanghai at Mannings. But i have also bought it in Japan and Taiwan.

    Oh i missed out on the naked palette now i cant find it anywhere ><

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your October faves, Lulu! =) I'm intrigued by the healing powder. Is it translucent?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great favorites! The Korres lip balm looks so cute hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lulu got NAKED!!!! WOOHOO!! {*LoL}
    I crack up everytime I think of your tweet. I'm glad you encouraged me to get Naked with you... {*hahahahah} Okay no more funny puns. Sounds so weird. >.<

    These post of yours always make me want to buy more and more. How do you stay ontop of so many products?! You crazy woman! I want the lip butter and MB now. Darn you!! So many good products.


    <3s Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooo i'm interested in the mario badescu product :3 sounds interesting.

    yay naked palette! :P ahaha.

    love your products :D makes me want to wear makeup more often but i'm so lazy right now... >__>

    ReplyDelete