Monday, November 1, 2010

Sephora FF Sale Haul

The annual Sephora Friends and Family Sale came rather early this year and totally caught me off guard -- especially since I did not get an email from them announcing the event this year. As soon as I came back from my honeymoon I had found out that it was starting that very week. So I made a list of things in a hurry and shopped away. Some of the purchases were items that I need to replenish and have been holding off just for the sale, some were just items that I wanted but probably could do without, haha. But what better chance to try them than with a 20% off sale right!


Clarisonic Replacement Brush Head (Delicate) -- So far I have used the sensitive brush head, and the regular one (too harsh for face!). But the Delicate one is by far my favorite. I have used it for two days now, and my face loves it.

Tweezerman Pink Pedro Callus Stone -- This is an awesome tool to get amazingly smooth heels! Especially during the summer months when we wear flip flops a lot, and our heels tend to get dry and scratchy. The handle is such a nice plus too, beats the bare callus stone I have been purchasing for years that sometimes scratches my hand when I am not careful.

Shiseido Fun in the Sun Kit -- I bought this kit mainly because I need to replenish both my sunscreen and eye cream (one with SPF in it for day time use). This kit not only contains both products I need in full size, but also some other products that I also wanted to try, especially the Ultimate Cleansing Oil. 
The tote is really light weight and would work nicely as a makeup bag.  It can also be converted into a big tote bag when needed, how neat!

Temptu Adorn Temporary Tattoo Kit (Sexy & Sinister Chic) -- Saw this cute lil' kit on sale for $10 on the way to check out, and decided to grab it. Reminds me of the temporary tattoos we used to play with as kids. The designs on the left side (3 sheets of each designs) are just in time for Halloween too. I used the little skull with a bow on top on my wrist for Halloween weekend, it looked nice and could almost pass for a real tat, however it didn't last the 2-5 days as claimed, it lasted me more like just one night -- I probably should have taken care of it better though, they say not to wet it or rub it too much.

Benefit Some Beauty to Love Kit --  This adorable little kit contains full sized Benefit Eye Bright and CORALista blush, both of which I had wanted to try. For $29, it's such a good value since one full sized blush would cost $28 already.
 The blush color is gorgeous! I haven't tried it on my cheeks yet. But I wonder how it compares to NARS Orgasm or Deep Throat.

Marc Jacobs Daisy Gift Set -- While on our honeymoon, I spotted the Marc Jacobs perfume in the duty free shop, and regretted so much that I didn't grab it. This is one perfume that when I go to Sephora stores, that I'd always sniff and look at. Daisy is one of my favorite flowers and I think the bottle cap is just so adorable! The scent is right up in my alley too, very sweet and feminine. 
This gift set came in a super cute "treasure chest" that I will definitely put to good use. It'll look so pretty on my vanity!

Harajuku Lovers Snow Angels Bag Collection -- You have no idea how psyched I was to spot the collection back in stock in the sales section last week! I've been staring at these super adorable Snow Angels bags for a long time, but never made up my mind about purchasing them. A couple months ago they went on sale, but when I finally decided that I wanted them, they disappeared from Sephora's website and I regretted so much for not jumping in the deal sooner. 
These bags are made with super soft cushiony materials, and all are well designed with lots of zippered pouches and compartments for neat freak like me. Now I really look forward to our next trip! Need to tell hubby to plan one ASAP so I can put those bags to good use :)

I love the envelope design of the wallet. It has a lot of card slots, a zippered compartment for coins, and two more slid-in pockets for papers and receipts.
The brush case has 6 slots and I think it could probably hold 2 or 3 eye brushes in each slot if needed. The material is plastic so it's easy to clean as well.
The hanging travel bag is probably my favorite among the 4. I plan on using this to hold my skincare items when I travel. It has a metal hook once opened up so it could be hung onto the back of the bathroom door or something for easy access. It's got plenty of zippered compartment, two decently sized plastic pouches, and a cute heart shaped mirror.

The soft train case will be the home for my makeup when I travel. I love how it has a zippered pocket, a size pocket, and slits for lipsticks and such on the sides as well. The mirror will also come handy.


Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube & Snow Bunny Lip Bronzer -- Not really interested in the lip bronzer, but I wanted to try this bronzer/gradual instant tanner because I want to preserve my Hawaii tan (that I am loving) a bit longer :p I obviously misread the description though, because I meant to get the Tanning Bed in a Tube for body, not for face (which comes in a much smaller tube), oops! But oh well. I'll try it and let you know how well it works!
Also, since I am not really an expert on self tanners, do you have any recommendation on what works good for you? I saw a whole bunch of them at CVS the other day.

Kate Somerville Clarifying Treatment Toner -- This is my first Kate Somerville products, and I can't wait to try it out. Love the flipper lid dispenser, really makes getting the toner out much easier and spill proof. I am glad it's alcohol-free yet still an acne-fighting formula, unlike a lot of other toners I have used in the past. It also claims to help lighten discoloration from acne scarring with phytic acid -- let's hope that works!


DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask -- This mask contains 10% sulfur as acne treatment ingredient. I have read some rave reviews about this product and finally decided to give it a try. I have this mask on right now as I am finishing up this post -- will report back on how I like it!  This product comes in a big 4 oz. jar, with recommend weekly usage, I am sure it will last me a long time.

✿Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPf 15 -- Last but not least, I got my free skincare reward product. Has any one ever tried this? I am always drawn toward mattifying products. Hope this one is a keeper!

What did you buy from Sephora's FF sale this year? Please share! I think the sale ends in 2 days, so if you are eyeing something from Sephora, now is a good chance to get them. I also used ebates for an extra 4% off :) Every little bits counts right :p

28 comments:

  1. Woot! Great haul!! I love that HJ storage thing!! They're all soo cute and I lov them all. Th hanger one is really ncie and so is the traincase.
    The benefit is definitely a great deal!! I've heard about that eye bright but not quite sureon how it works and if I really need it.
    Daisy is gorgeous (packaging wise) and it smells really nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous haul and I loove the look of those temporary tats. I used have loads as a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. who great haul! i aso ordered the delicate brush heads during the FF! i looooooooooove them! will never replace them

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a lot of lovely things Lulu :)
    It's too bad Canada got excluded ><

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loooove the toiletries/makeup bags!!! u did a great haul!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your haul!!! I'm thinking about placing an order on my birthday before the Sephora F&F ends. I ended up with NARS Torrid Blush and Urban Decay Book of Shadows Volume 3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so many goodies!! I was tempted to get the murad mattifier freebie, but I ended up getting the DDF protect and correct moisturizer. @__@ I hope I don't get buyer's remorse ha

    Oh, and I suggest you check out eBay for Clarisonic brushes :) I always buy my sensitive ones there for around 12 shipped *happy dance* I will try out the sensitive one next since you love yours lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... you got the Harajuku bags? I have been looking at these on the Sephora website too, and couldn't make up my mind to get them, hehe...

    Super cuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi,
    i randomly found your blog today! i didn't know benefit had such awesome deal until i saw this post. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. im always so happy to see other ppl's hauls :) everything looks so good! i especially like the wallet ^^ ive got a soft spot for harajuku lovers. i like the fact that it has a zipper for coins lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats a lot of stuff. I guess I'll post my FF haul after I get my package this Friday. Maybe Ill show it to you on Sat <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul and the Harajuku Lovers bags are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg, NICE HAUL!! :D

    I wanted to get stuff SO bad, but I know that I shouldn't be spending so much money on stuff I don't desperately need because I went a little spending crazy for awhile. hahahha, But I'm really especially jealous of your perfume set! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. holy moly! you bought more stuff than we had discussed! now i want to buy more stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dang what a awesome mega haul!! The Shiseido kit and Benefit set sound like such a good deal. Wah you inspire me to haul, I've resisted so long though LOL. The Kate Somerville toner sounds great, I can't wait for all your awesome reviews for this stuff Lulu. The cosmetic bags are adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wowww i love your haul! i bet it was totally worth it too, splurging after such an emotional ride like a wedding (; tehehe. i hope you preserve your tan!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super fab haul, Lulu!! I am especially digging that Benefit Kit and your Harajuku Lovers collection (whoa!). *sigh* F&F sales are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mega haul indeed!!! hahaha you deserve it! i love the harajuku lovers set sooo kawaii! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You really had a very good use from the FF sale! Awesome haul!!
    I love the Harajuku Lovers bag collection, they're really worth getting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ahhh!!! I love your haul babe!! ^_^ I love the make up bags!! I wanT!!! I can't wait to get home and collect all my sephora ff goodies ^^

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still have mine on the cart...hehe....those HJ brush cases are all sold out...boo....haha...lucky u got it.....

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice haul! I'm sure you'll put everything to good use :) the travel bag set is so cute! It's been a while since I've had to use the Murad mask, but I think it's one of those masks that doesn't completely dry (like a mud mask) so washing it off can be annoying...good to use before a shower/bath or use a washcloth/gentle scrub brush over the sink :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. oooh nice haul! I have daisy too, love the bottle so much hehe xD

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! What a fantastic haul! I love that you got the entire HL Snow Bunny collection lol!!! I so loved that collection - I'd totally buy it now but I already have a "matching" Jill Stuart set hahaha. I'm definitely going to pull out the wallet again when it gets cold though!

    I got my skincare item too! I picked the Fresh Soy moisturizer though since I'm allergic to the SPF in the Murad one ... hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks for the input Lulu loves! i will try it later and update you guys :)

    hows your cheek? did hubby find out yet? i hope it wont scar...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I absolutely love everything you got!! I have MJ Daisy and I love it!!! I have to post my Sephora FF haul too!! So much goodies. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome haul! Looks like you really made the most of the sale! I'm a teensy bit jealous cos we dont have Sephora here in Belfast and I really like pretty much everything you got! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that TF lip gloss. Please tell me how you like?

    ReplyDelete