Monday, December 20, 2010

♥ November Favorites ♥

Holy cow, the last time I blogged was still around Thanksgiving time, and all of a sudden it's almost Christmas, where did all the time go! Sorry for MIA for the past few weeks, I've been so terribly busy. I've been feeling so guilty that I haven't had time to blog, because I have soooo much to talk about! So let's get started with my last month's favorite products before it's way too late! And from here on I hope I can resume my normal blogging schedule, at least I will try! I've got a lot of the pictures organized already, so hey, at least that's a good start right?

So in the month of November, which now seems so far far away already, I really enjoyed using:

♥ Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder with Real Cocoa -- 
 
First of all, this powder smells SO YUMMY! Like chocolate, and I have the urge to lick it! This powder has no shimmer, and no orange, and is perfect for me! It's smooth and goes on well. I've been contemplating on getting this for a while now, but have heard both good and bad reviews about it. To me though, this is the perfect contouring powder, and I am glad that I decided to give in and give it a try anyway. You really don't need a lot each time, i just use a big fluffy brush and dust the powder right below the apples of my cheeks and extend it towards my jawline, along my cheek bone to give my face more definition.  The compact is nice and sturdy (the latch was very tight at the beginning and I had trouble opening it! But after a few uses, it is okay now), with a big mirror. On the mirror, it prints "why be beautiful when you can be gorgeous". I thought that was adorable.

♥ Rock and Republic Classic Tinted Primer SPF 20 -- 
This primer has a mousse consistency, its light and airy formula makes it super easy to apply and smooth out. I love how it also has SPF in it. I purchased this during Rock and Republic's 50% sale, started using it in September and still haven't finished. I can't tell how much product is left because the bottle is opaque, but it does feel significantly lighter now (another empty soon I hope? :p). Since the product is tinted, just it alone on my face already could help brighten up and even out my complexion a bit if I am not trying to achieve a full coverage makeup day. It is by no means a tinted moisturizer though, because it is super sheer and is more of a primer (glides on smoothly) consistency than a moisturizer. So on most mornings I'd just apply this, dab on concealer under my eyes and blemishes, dust on finishing powder and done! Super simple and quick. The pump bottle dispenses just the perfect amount of products each time. As far as oil control, it does a decent job, for me 2 to 3 hours at least before I need to blot (I blot several times a day), but the same goes with a lot of products I use because I have such oily face. During the winter time I don't actually need to blot as often, maybe once a day and I'm good to go.

♥ ELF Nourishing Cuticle Pen --
This is another great $1 find from ELF. I got mine from Target on a whim, but ended up really loving it! I will have to remember to stock up next time ELF has a sale. It is a pen shaped product that dispenses the cuticle oil through the highlighter shaped tip. The cuticle oil contains avocado and almond oils, with vitamin fortified E, A, C and pro-vitamin B5. To apply, I just apply the product along each of my cuticles and then lightly rub in. It is not super oily, and is pretty easy to absorb, yet it leaves my dry cuticles with a much more moisturized and nourished look. Because of it's pen-like applicator, I could achieve a very precise application without the mess as compared to my usual brush-on cuticle oils in a bottle. It also dispenses just the right amount of products so there is no need to rub the product in super hard.  This is great for on the go because it's light and slick. It's scent-free and color less, so it won't stain if you accidentally rubbed your fingers on anything you are holding.

 

♥ LUSH Snow Fairy Lip Tint --
 

Being a LUSH Snow Fairy scent fan, I have this urge to get every products available in this scent. For those of you who aren't too familiar with LUSH, they come out with a few classic holiday products very year, my two favorites being Snow Fairy shower gels (sweet candy scent), and Snowcake soaps (almond jello scent). Over the year they also come out with various products scented just like Snow Fairy, so far I've tried a few bath bombs with this sweet scent that I can't get enough of, a solid perfume, a lip scrub, and now this lip tint in the same scent. Even though it looks super bright and pink in the container, it actually goes on fairly clear on the lips. But if I wipe it off with a white tissue, I could see a trace of pink tint to it. The consistency is that of a lip balm, and it feels pretty moisturizing on the lips. However when I first purchased this, I was very discouraged by the fact that I have to use my finger to apply. The balm was also pretty waxy and not soft at all. Which meant it was really hard to take out enough products on my finger tips no matter how hard I rub. It wasn't until I talked to Catherine about it and she told me her trick -- take the tin and rub the product on your lips just like applying chapstick. The warmth from your lips will melt the product much better than finger tips, plus no dirty finger involved in the process. I tried that and it worked out wonderfully. Now I have it next to my computer, and throughout the day I find myself grabbing it to apply some on my lips. hmmm smells so good! What will happen when I used enough of the product that I can't use my lips anymore? hmm I will think of a way when that happens :p For now, it works great, so thank you so much for the great tip, Catherine! :) 
 

♥ MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner --
I can't rave enough about this new find from last month. I loved them so much that I purchased Black Line (black with gold and green shimmer) and Lord It Up (bronze with shimmer) the first time, then went out to get Black Swan (black with pearl) to add to my collection. These are actually limited edition products that came out with the A Tartan Tale collection (haul post coming up soon!). So I made sure that I got enough until MAC decides to come out  more with another collection in the future. 
These liners are one of the softest and most pigmented liners I have ever used. They have a gel-like consistency that seriously glide on the skin, without pulling or tugging. What's even more amazing is that unlike UD 24/7 and even my beloved MUFE Aqua Lines, which still smudge a little bit by the end of the day on my oily lids, these are super smudgable while drying, but once dry, are so smudge-proof, it's amazing! The only bad thing about these liners is that because of the chunky glitters in them, it's not safe to use on waterline or tight line. I had once or twice applied it too close to my eyes and it started to hurt. So please do not get them in your eyes!

17 comments:

  1. Alright elf cuticle pen and the pearlglide are going onto my I want and need it list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! I missed your blogging xD I hope to see a lot more =P

    I want to try that cuticle oil! I already have several but I've been too lazy to apply any at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahah it made me laugh when you said you had the urge to lick the powder because it smelled like chocolate LOL! I love sweet smelling beauty products =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh the Rock & republic tinted primer makes me think of my Shu Uemera primer! Review to come soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went in LUSH the other day to check out Snow Fairy shower gel, but I thought the scent is way to sweet and sugary. Perhaps the scent is more subdued when used in the shower?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss your blogging :) Too Faced Chocolate Soleil sounds nice! Now i have the urge to get it <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool~! That's the first time I heard about the existence of that Toofaced bronzer..! The casing is so pretty! makes it look like a chocolate cookie..
    thanks for sharing your november fav! It's never too late =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bronzing powder sounds delicious.. lol. I might have to check it out. And I really like the MAC Pearlglide liners. I wish they were permanent. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LUUURVE sweet scented cosmetics! Chocolate soleil and snow fairy sounds good to me! *runs to LUSH* :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been keeping up with my monthly favorites :( I gotta start over next year! LOL! I'm so curious about the R&R tinted primer! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. The MAC Pearlglide Liners sound so tempting! I always assumed that since they were twist-up, they had a semi-hard consistency, so I never really looked into them. The LUSH balm sounds super yummy, love that pink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Black Line is my favorite liner now, I should try and get some more before their all gone. I'm going to try that ELF cuticle oil now too, I love nail pens.

    http://mommysbiggestblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome favorites Lulu! Black Swan is love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you're back!!can't wait for more posts....and guess what I haven't bought a single cosmetic the whole month...that's how busy I am...lol...lisa gifted me with snow fairy body wash and it smells so good...I'm sure the lip tint taste yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh i really want the pearlglide liners now!! they sound so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your monthly favorites post Lulu! Thanks for sharing and glad you're back to blogging. I love the smell of the bronzer but I think I was too dark for it to show up on me LOL, it wasn't orange at all though which was good. The ELF cuticle pen sounds great because I normally hate applying cuticle cream or oil because it's so messy but this sounds nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great fave! You always manage to enable me with your fave posts :D

    ReplyDelete