Saturday, December 25, 2010

Sephora Hello Kitty Sweet Gloss

When Sephora had their two day preview of Hello Kitty items last weekend, I unfortunately missed out on most of the stuff. By the time I saw the email and checked, a lot of the items I was interested in getting (such as the nail polishes, brush set, perfume, and the bling bling mirror) were all out of stock. The sale was suppose end at 12PST on Sunday night. I just had to be annoying and check the collection again at 11:45PM to see if anything were back in stock, and to my surprise, some items were! One of which was this Sweet Gloss. I hesitated on the perfume though. Even though it's got the cutest packaging ever, and the scent description sounds like something I would really love (sweet fruity scent), but I still wanted to sniff it in the store first just to make sure. This Hello Kitty collection comes out in Sephora stores in mid January I believe.
On the expiration date symbol on the label, it has a Hello Kitty bow on the lid, how cute :)

The sweet gloss I picked up is in the shade Peachy. I was afraid of the packaging looking cheap with white plastic casing, but alas this lippie has a very slick yet sturdy packaging, in a slim twist up tube.
 
Peachy looks like a pretty coral shade in the tube. On the lips though it appears pretty sheer, almost clear. The texture feels like that of a lip balm, light and moisturizing. So I guess you could classify this item as a tinted lip balm.
without flash
with flash
I really love the sweet strawberry scent of the balm, and the slim design -- the lip balm fits on my lips just right, without having to worrying about applying any products on the outside of my lips by mistake. This means I could apply this whenever and wherever without a mirror. I always admire girls that can apply their lipsticks and glosses without a mirror, I am always afraid of getting uneven spots or getting products on my skin hahaha.

Overall, I really liked this product and glad that I got it. However I have to admit, packaging played an important roll in my purchasing decision. Hello Kitty fans are breaking wallets left and right, is it me or does it seem like there are Hello Kitty items everywhere nowadays haha. I can't wait to see and play with the rest of the products from this line once they become available in store in Jan!

13 comments:

  1. The lippie is cute! Nice choice. I am also really interested in the perfume (bottle :3 lol) and a lot of other things in the HK collection, but I figured I could wait until it's in store so I can play with them all first. I'm a packaging nut, but must exercise will-power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the swatches and the review! I'm totally looking forward to the hello kitty line at sephora now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Lulu dear! :) the hk lippie looks really good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Lulu!! The HK lippie look good..Now I am looking for them to arrived in my local Sephora store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay glad you were able to pick something up in the end! haha I'm the same, can't apply lipgloss/lipstick without a mirror, or else it always ends up wayy outside my lips lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. peachy looks really nice on you. i'm liking the whole line so far. can't wait to see it in person too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm such a lip moisturizer junkie, and HK doesn't help the addiction! It looks great on you--very moisturizing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy holidays lulu! <3 Love the color on your lips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty packaging!! It looks great on your lips!! I can't wait until it comes out in store!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The color looks really lovely on you! The HK pacakging is really cute, I've been eyeing their nail polishes!

    ReplyDelete