Sunday, January 2, 2011

♥ December Favorites ♥

Happy New Year! 2010 was a wonderful year, and I hope 2011 will be even better! As usual, I made a few new year's resolutions, one of which is to blog more often. So your job now is to keep reminding me of this goal and help me accomplish it this year :) Let's get started with the very first post of the new year: December Favorites.


♥ Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser
This is the perfect cleanser to be used with my Clarisonic Mia. It is gentle and non-drying, yet effectively removes the dirt and makeup. Since it doesn't foam up, it won't make a bubbly mess on my face while the Clarisonic brush is spinning. I use this twice a day, once in the morning to wash off any oil produced on my face while sleeping, and once in the evening after I take off my makeup, just to make sure there isn't any trace  makeup left over on my face. I bought this huge pump bottle because I find the pump to be super convenient to use. Philosophy should really consider putting pumps on their smaller sized bottles. This one is definitely not travel friendly, but will for sure last me a long time!

♥ Shiseido Tsubaki Head Spa Massage Spa Mask with Essential Oil
Shiseido Tsubaki hair care products have always been pretty popular among blogger ladies. I really enjoy using their white damage care line as well. This gold line is a series of new products they came out with in the recent months, and it concentrates on conditioning the scalp for improved blood circulation, in order to achieve healthier and more beautiful hair growth. Normally when I use a hair mask, I always concentrate at the tips of my hair to help repair damages and split ends. But this hair mask is to be used directly on the scalp. It's tapered tip makes it easy to apply in between the hair onto the scalp. I use this about once a week, and it leaves my hair so soft and shiny. It's also got a wonderful scent to it.

♥ The Face Shop Fruit Garden Hand Lotion in Peach and Pomegranate
This past month has been very cold, rainy and windy in the Bay Area. Due to work reasons, I also had to be outdoors a lot. So I find myself carrying a hand lotion with me everywhere I go. This is the one that I tossed in my everyday purse. It smells wonderful with a sweet fruity scent. Every time I apply it, I find myself sniffing my hands, hmmmm. The lotion is light weight and easy to absorb. *pulls the tube out and apply some while typing*

♥Origins Plantidote Mega-Mushroom Eye Serum
The name of the product really drew my attention, "mega-mushroom", it sounds like it came out of Super Mario Bros. or something. I've been using this light weight eye serum for about a month now. While it doesn't really do much for dark circles and puffiness, it is a soothing serum before my eye cream that claims to help with redness and sensitivity. I feel like it helps to add an extra layer of moisture to help protect my under eye area. The pump bottle is nice because it could precisely control the amount of product being dispensed each time. I really dislike the smell though, a very strong herbally scent, but it goes away once my morning regimen is done. Seeing that it's $45 for a 0.5 fl oz. bottle, I probably won't be repurchasing this after I finish. However for now I am enjoying the light weight texture and the soothing comfort it makes my eyes feel.

♥Guerlain Meteorites Powder for the Face (Teint Beige 02)
This was my little splurge of the month from Sephora. I've always been intrigued by this interestingly packaged Guerlain powder. Ever since I missed out on those Paul and Joe Disney blushers that are shaped like little balls in the box, I think I've been increasingly interested in other products that also come in little ball shaped forms. Besides its interesting presentation, I also love how lovely this powder smells, a really soft floral scent. I believe this is to be used as more of a highlighter than an all over powder because it is shimmery. I use a large powder brush and roll it around in the container, and lightly dust on my cheeks and a little on the bridge of my nose and across forehead. What I get is a nice healthy radiant glow, and I couldn't stop staring at my face afterwards. The packaging also looks so beautiful, definitely a staple piece on my vanity from now on!

♥Maybelline Define-A-Brow
These slick little brow pencils are so wonderful! I love how you can just twist out the pencil and save the hassle of sharpening it (which end up wasting a lot of products inside of the sharpener). I have this in shades dark brown and medium brown. Both work pretty well for me. I use medium brown everyday to give my brows a more defined look, and dark brown if I have to go out at night for more definition. They have amazing stay powers, and little bit of it swiped on my brows really make a big difference.

Top: dark brown, Bottom: medium brown

27 comments:

  1. When did you get a big purity bottle? Do you use the baby one i Gave u for travel?

    Everytime I use my face shop lotion, it reminds me of u and genia so I stopped using it because I miss u two so much. I'm using an avenda hand lotion now :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a sample of the purity cleanser,
    I've only used it once,
    But I liked it.
    I might get a bigger bottle.

    xx
    JordanMayTwigs.
    <3

    www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah i keep hearing about purity everywhere i def have to try it for 2011!!
    The Guerlain powder is super pretty always wondered if it was worth it. Glad you like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh..I think I want to try Tsubaki products now too!! The Guerlain product looks beautiful. I always love their packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My head spa mask is on its way!^0^ Can't wait to try it~ Have a wonderful 2011, lulu^0^~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Philosophy Purity cleanser! It's like my HG cleanser now and I'm now half through my second bottle =P I'm using the Tsubaki head spa shampoo & conditoner right now and it smells amazing! Even my mom use it now hahaha xD However, it weights down my hair if I don't use Neutrogena's anti-residue shampoo before o_O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a huge bottle of purity! I got the small one before, but it broke me out. :(

    I wish there was a face shop in southern califonia! I guess I'm going to have to go up there to pick up some of their products!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your monthly favorite posts. They introduce me to such great new products.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm intrigued by the guerlain balls now LOL...am interested to pick up Tsubaki hair mask later on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love purity sooo much! You can actually buy the 8oz size and buy the corresponding pump on their website. It's so convenient, so I just transfer from one to the other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yayy for 2011's first post! I love the Tsubaki line as well :) and the Guerlain powder looks like such a nice splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you can count on me to bug you to blog more often :P hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. I luv the Guerlain pearls! Does much more than the P&J blushers

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice favorites! i really want to try the tsubaki hair mask, sounds nice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Non-drying? The Purity cleanser dries out my skin real' bad.. but it's effective. I just use a good moisturizer on my face afterwards and it's all fine : D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah yes, I still use it and love it : D It hasn't broken me out or anything.. I have sensitive skin, so I assume that's why. It works tho! It cleanses my face 100%

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah you got the Meteorites! I still haven't pulled the trigger on this though it never fails to stare me in the face proclaiming "Buy me, buy me!" whenever I'm at Sephora. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh interesting. i've been searching for a good cleansing product. does this do a good trick?

    will follow your blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. I must give those brow pencils a try - heard so many good things about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad the maybelline eyebrow pencil worked for you! yea! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. AHhh! I have those meteorites! I think its awesome on how they come in balls. I'm just scared I lose one ball a day whenever I use it! hahahah! :)

    Btw, thanks for the bday greetings! You are so sweet :))

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the HK plushies on the background hehe..
    The brow pencil sounds really great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. WHOOAHH!!! can't believe how big the philosophy cleanser is!!! now i'm going to try and track it down. thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need that define a brow..I guess there's an advantage of being sick..gonna have an excuse to go to drugstore..:D Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the list Lulu! Dang, I wish they sold that huge bottle of Purity at my local Sephoras haha, I love that stuff! Agreed, they should include pumps on the smaller bottles, I don't like how it clogs up sometimes =\
    Ooh! I've been wanting to try the Shiseido head spa, will have to wait though, I'm on a no-buy =)

    ReplyDelete