Monday, January 10, 2011

Did I just spot...Dolly Wink Liquid Liner at CVS?

Nope! It was the new Eye Booster 2-in-1 Day & Night Lash Boosting Serum from Physician's Formula. Why mention Dolly Wink though, you ask? Please keep on reading!
For those of you who haven't heard of the Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner, it is from a Japanese line of makeup launched by a former model, Tsubasa Masuwaka. Her line is known for the super adorable packaging, such as this eyelash case, this eyelash glue, and of course, the well-loved liquid eyeliner.  Beauty bloggers love this super thin, precise, long lasting liner. I am no exception. Its thin tip really helps to get in between the lashes and the liner stays on all day long.
When I was browsing CVS yesterday, I spotted this Physician's Formula lash boosting serum display case, and the shiny packaging immediately drew my attention. Yes, I admit I often get persuaded because of a pretty packaging. But hey, in the case of Dolly Wink, it was a win-win situation! Pretty packaging AND great product = love!
I picked up the Clear Serum one to try. They also offer brown, black, and ultra black ones that are called Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum. So basically, mine is simply a clear serum that you apply to clean lash line to help grow longer, thicker and more volumized lashes. But the ones with color also double as an eyeliner during the day! The back of the packaging claims that "After 4 weeks over 93% of women saw extended, defined and more enhanced lashes" along with pretty convincing before and after photos. 93% is pretty high! Hopefully I won't fall into that remaining 7%. I plan on using this morning and night, and will report back in a few weeks whether if this serum has helped my lashes!
After I got home and opened the packaging, I immediately thought that it looked familiar. Comparing this Physician's Formula one to the Dolly Wink eyeliner, do you spot a close resemblance? Except for the obviously different outer packaging, the thin brush tips look almost identical. They glide on my skin with the same feel too -- smooth, soft yet precise. The back of the packaging did mention that it uses a "High-tech Japanese formula"...Could it be that these two products use the same formula that stays on all day and all night long? Now I had wished I picked up another liner in black so I could compare -- a post for another day!
For those of you who already own Dolly Wink and love it, pick up a Physician's Formula one when you get a chance and let me know if my instinct is right?  :)

16 comments:

  1. I've got to try this out since the Dolly Wink is too far out of my price range...

    <33 Rena

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow. thats interesting. hoping to see ur "test" entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words are failing me a little bit right now. I'm somewhere between: I would like to go check that out and OMFG DOLLYWINK AT CVS. If anyone lets you know, can you post about it again? Possibly? I'd appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you have made a good discovery and it sounds like a good product :)

    http://xcharmed-chickx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to get a Dollywink Liquid Eyeliner for the longest, but it's always out of stock most of the time. I might order one from Coffret D'Or at Adambeauty soon, and see, if it's similar to the raved Dollywink, since it comes in nearly the same packaging too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, yes! please do a report on your test ^^ Hope it works. the pictures sure looks TOO convincing though..haha..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never treid dollywink...I've been wanting it for a long time...but do tell me if you tried the black one and if it's similar.....that would be great cuz' PF is readily available everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  8. the product sounds so cool, i need some more lashes as well, let's make that 4x more? lol

    i'm def gonna have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your blog post title got me so excited. haha but you tricked me. boo :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoaa the applicators do look super similar! I'll keep an eye out for the black one, definitely want to try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does look similar!!! I haven't seen this in Canada yet but awesome!!

    Let us know how it goes if you get the coloured one ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. great find my dear! the tips look really similar. let us know when you get the black one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHH!!! great find!! I should check it out. Dollywink is so expensive (iMO) hahah!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It'll be awesome if this is the dupe! Can't wait to know how it goes :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely see the resemblance! Can't wait to read about your results, Lulu. =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. must go find this! it looks practically like dolly wink except cheaper! if i can find it in black, then I'm gonna grab it. I'm not a fan of brown liquid liner

    ReplyDelete