Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finished Products in December

Holy cow! I'm behind, again :( Nevertheless, let's keep the Finished Products posts going in Year 2011...Do you guys like this monthly post where you get to look at empty containers and hear me talk about how I liked using them?
✔St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser -- I truly enjoyed using this gentle face cleanser. It is lightly green tea scented, which I love. It also claims to clear breakouts and reduce redness. Even though I don't get redness on my cheeks often so I can't attest to that, but I do believe it helps to control breakouts. During the duration of me using this bottle of cleanser, my breakouts have pretty much reduced to none. I am loving my clear skin nowadays. It also doesn't foam up too much, which made it easy to use my Clarisonic brush with.
✔Perricone MD Advanced Face Firming Activator -- I've been using this on and off as a serum for well over a year. I don't think it helped me much to improve and firm my skin, it's also got a weird fishy smell that sometimes gets annoying (although disappears quickly). The texture is a light white gel that is easy to absorb but has no moisturizing effects, so you should follow up with a moisturizer.
✔Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 -- I think I started using Clinique 3-step products around the same time last year, and so far I've finished two big bottle of toner and 1 super sized bottle. Toner is the most easily used up item among the three. I kept the pump bottle all year long and poured more toner into it every time I finish because the pump makes using the product much easier. As far as the toner, I do really enjoy using it, although I'm not a big fan of how alcohol-y it is. For someone with sensitive skin, it might sting a little. For me, it was okay. I would buy this again when Clinique has another GWP event (it's all about the bonus we can score when we shop :p)
✔Zirh Herbal Under Eye Cream --Loved this eye cream. Its light weight formula is really easy to absorb. During night routine it could serve as a serum and during the day it goes perfectly well under makeup without sliding or smudging. It also contains caffeine that really helped to reduce my puffy eyes in the morning. Granted it doesn't smell girly and floral like most of my facial products because it is originally a men's product, but if it does the job well, that's all it matters :) It's also pretty big (for eye cream) and lasted a long time.
✔Neutrogena Ultra-Soft Eye Makeup Remover Pads -- Loved the Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover, but hated these remover pads. I am not sure if I got a bad package or what, but the pads inside were rather dry and contained very little makeup remover fluids. As a result it was almost impossible to remove any eye makeup, let alone the waterproof ones like they claimed. I actually bought this to take with me on my honeymoon because I did not want spilled makeup remover fluids in my luggage, but ended up not using any on my eyes. What a waste of luggage space because it is a rather bulky jar. For a face makeup remover, it works though. The pad is large and thick, which felt pretty nice against my face. Will not buy again to remove eye makeup.
✔LUSH The Olive Branch Shower Gel -- This shower gel smells great, and the scent is not so sweet (like my favorite Snow Fairy) that even guys could use this. My only complaint is that the consistency of this is rather watery. When you pour it out of the bottle, some products drips right through the shower sponge and into the drain it goes. At first I thought mine expired, but after doing some research online I found out a lot of people had this problem. Make sure you shake it up before using. However it lathers really well on the body, and you will love the scent!
✔Sofymo Coenzyme Q10 Super Cleansing Sheet -- When I first opened this box of cleansing sheet, I was surprised at how thin and tiny the sheet was. However once I used it, I was impressed. It is only about half the size as my usual ELF or Pond's makeup remover sheets, which makes the shape rather odd (thin and long), but it takes off makeup amazingly well. Even though the sheet was thin, it still contained enough fluid and won't dry out before you even finish wiping your entire face.
✔Tree Hut Shea Body Butter in Coconut Lime -- First of all, this smelled SO yummy! It is a creamy and super spreadable body butter (sounds like I'm talking about food instead) that applies on the skin like a dream. It's also super moisturizing, perfect for the winter time when your skin is dryer from the weather.
✔LUSH Chai Spicy Shower Gel -- This shower gel has a strange strong herbal scent to it. It kind of reminds me of Dr. Pepper (both the scent and the smell). It's a good winter/holiday time shower gel, but keep in mind it smells nothing like Chai tea. It's got more of an allspice smell, so if you hate that, then this is not for you.

14 comments:

  1. More finished products! Ahh..posts like these are encouraging yet makes me so jealous :P
    I'm almost finished with my St.Ives cleanser too! I think it's a hit and miss for me though. Sometimes I feel like it works great at keeping my acne at bay and sometimes it seems like it doesn't do much..and it tends to be drying for me even though it's pretty gentle >__<;;

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, please do continue posting your finished products. it keeps me motivated to finish mine, and i like reading your thoughts about each one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many finished products - bravo :D! i love to read posts like these <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you!!! *Hugs* I wish I can finish some of my products too! I feel accomplished whenever I do finish one! hahah! But sometimes before I even finish a product, I'm already buying another one similar to it >< I wanna try the St Ives green tea next! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem to really like St Ives products! Gotta try that green tea cleanser out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOHOO another finished product post!! I love love love that St-Ives green tea cleanser! Ty so much again!! :D It so gentle and not drying! It seems to work on me because I see less redness around my nose now and the small pimples I had are gone after a few days! WOOOT! I love the scrub too, but it's a bit drying on me so I think I'll leave it for summer time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to try St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser! Congrats on using everything up (=

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so surprised that you can have such constant Finishd Products posts!! Did you cheat, Lulu?? >.> Did you dump the other half of the products?? LOOOL

    Great job!!! I have that green tea cleanser too and I do like it!! The only complaint is that it makes my skin feel tight. But then again, what cleanser doesn't make my skin feel tight? =.=

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should start doing this too, it is so motivating. I love the st. Iven cleanser for the summer, it really helps with preventing break outs, I think^0^~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please do continue, I love reading your reviews and seeing your finished. It motivates me to finish my products too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These posts are great. I definitely need to get my hands on some Lush Chai! I'm constantly amazed by how many products you can use.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing your finished products! I wish I were as diligent with mine... I just keep finishing the Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish and my Avalon Organics Vit C serum over and over and over again (and the serum like, every 2 months or something ridiculous like that T_T;).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another long list of finished products. You.are.amazing. I am with you on the Tree Hut stuff smelling SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you have some before & after photos? Can I use that Activator on other parts of my body aside from the face? I hope I can find some of those products before I fly to Florida this summer. Though I saw some details online about blepharoplasty that my mom tried and it was quite good. Maybe I'll try those kinds when I'm older. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete