Sunday, February 6, 2011

♥ January Favorites ♥


♥ L'Oreal One Sweep Eye Shadow (809 Natural for Brown Eyes)
I was shopping at Target and passed by the L'Oreal new product display, and this gigantic sponge tip applicator caught my attention. What in the world...! I decided to grab one to try anyway because I got really curious about the product. You grab the sponge tip applicator and sweep it across the pan vertically, then sweep across your eyelid! The curved-in part of the applicator is always picking up the darkest shade on the right, which will then go closest to your lash line. So one sweep, and you get liner, all over shadow and highlight shades in one step. The concept is really cool, and even though I thought it was a little gimmicky, it actually worked surprisingly well for my eye shape! Will have swatches in a upcoming post soon!

♥ LUSH Vanilla Dee-Lite Hand and Body Cream
I have been using this as a body cream after I shower every night. It has an extremely light and watery texture that is not greasy at all, so it is really easy to apply. It has a light vanilla scent, which I really enjoyed. Love this!

♥ Clarins Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery Comfort Cream
I picked up this 100-point deluxe sample from Sephora to try out, and have been using it as my night cream for the past few weeks. I really love it. It helps to repair and plump up the skin while you sleep, and the next morning I'd wake up to refreshed and soft skin. It's not greasy and absorbs well. I will be purchasing a full sized product after I'm done with this tube, because I love the way my skin feels and looks after using it!

♥ MAC I Get No Kick Eye Kohl
A soft shimmery champagne colored liner from the Cham-Pale collection. I love using it at the inner corners and inner bottom lash lines to help me look more energized and awake, and also a dab at the center of the Cupid's bow to give my lips a fuller look.
Swatch with flash on.
Swatch without flash.

♥ Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Day & Night Lash Boosting Serum (Clear Serum) ♥ Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner & Serum (Deep Brown)
It has been almost 4 weeks since I've been using this amazing Physician's Formula lash growth serum/liner, and I am so happy with how much fuller and longer my lashes are now. Even my bottom lashes, which were almost non-existent before, are visibly longer now. I made sure that I have this serum on 24/7. In the night I'd apply the Clear Serum, and in the morning I'd either use the Deep Brown liner as my eyeliner for the day, or apply Clear Serum after cleansing my face and before I put on my makeup. The thin brush tip is really easy to apply, and is able to reach every corners of the eyelid. The brown liner is very long lasting. For more information, please read this & this. A final review showing my progress at the 4 week mark will be coming soon too :)

♥ Dior Diorshow Mascara
This is a little sample sized Diorshow mascara, and I am loving it! I have been using waterproof mascara for the majority of the year in 2010, and I got tired of how much harder it was to remove them at the end of the day. This mascara is really easy to remove, yet it stays on for the whole day for me. It lengthens, volumizes, and doesn't clump. Would I repurchase? hmm at $24.50 a pop, I might have to think hard about it. Seriously, do mascaras have to be that expensive! Especially since you are suppose to replace it every 6 months :T

4 comments:

  1. The L'Oreal One Sweep Eyeshadow sounds really interesting! Can't wait to see your post about it. :) I've seen Fuz use it and it intrigued me then! I haven't seen it at my drugstores yet though.

    The Eye Kohl also looks really nice, I wanted to get it but I think I have something similar already.

    Glad you're posting more often, Lulu! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hun! I'm loving all your January favorites. I have been curious about the L'Oreal one sweep eye shadow since it came out. i want to run out the doork get get me some Physician's Formula lash growth serum/line hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicee favorites! i got the loreal shadow too it was so funny looking but it really works!!! the purple one is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great favorites!!! I love everything!! I want that MAC.. hahah! the color is so nice! :)

    ReplyDelete