Friday, January 21, 2011

Revisit: Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

Remember last week when I mentioned the new Physician's Formula Eye Booster eyeliner and how it might be an easier to find alternative to the well-loved Dolly Wink eyeliner? I promised I'd report back to you if I get a black one so I could do a better comparison. Unfortunatly when I went to CVS last weekend, there were only 2 left on the shelf, one in Clear and another one in Deep Brown. In a week's time the entire display case was almost cleared out, I guess it wasn't just me who got excited about this new discovery!
I picked up the last Deep Brown liner. Instead of named the Day & Night Lash Boosting Serum like the clear one, this one is named as the Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum. The clear one could be worn at all times, while the colored ones are to be used as an eyeliner when you go out. But the colored ones also contain lash growing serum to boost lash length, volume and thickness.
Physician's Formula Eye Booster in Deep Brown.
Top: Physician's Formula
Bottom: Dolly Wink
I love the thin brush tip that is really easy to control and draws on the line so precisely. Compared to Dolly Wink, I find both of them to be easy to control how thin or thick of a line I wanted. Both draw on very smoothly and dries quickly. I worn the Deep Brown liner for the whole day on Monday and it didn't smudge on me, so it does live up to its long wear claim. I also love how the brown shade is not super dark and sharp like a black liner and is perfect for a toned down every day look.
 
The only downside of these liners are the fact that you couldn't use them on the inside of your lash line. I know Dolly Wink is perfect for tight-lining and filling in those gaps between lashes. I am guessing because of the lash growing ingredients in these liners, it is deemed unsafe when the product gets into the eye?
Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Deep Brown on my eye.
I have been using the clear serum day and night continuously for almost 2 weeks now. Below are the pictures I took after about 6 days of using the clear serum, I do notice that my lashes are a tiny bit longer, lower lashes too. (Click on images to enlarge)

I will report back in 4 weeks time and see if we can see a major difference on my lashes!

13 comments:

  1. I love how thin the pen tip looks. I bet my local CVS is all sold out of the black ones too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! It looks really nice!! I've been having a bad time with e/l lately...=( They smudged onto my lower lash line making me look really freaky. I need to find one that's easy to apply and smudgeproof!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're right. this one indeed is nice. and the line you drew is so beautiful. you should definitely use liners more. you did so great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very easy to use! I haven't tried Pen-like eyeliner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove these pen-like liquid eyeliners! They're so easy to maneuver and create a crisp line. That reminds me, I need to buy a new one soon. Might try this out! :)

    How have you been, Lulu? I haven't visited your blog in so long! I like the new layout -- very girl! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY! if it reaches canada, I am definitely trying them :) Hope you continue to update us on this product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh nice! I hope you find the black one soon. I might actually go look for this too... might be convinced to start tightlining. Though... you know what I said about my "eye shelf"? Everything I try tightlining I swear it just gets lost in that shelf and you can't really see it lol........ *headdesk*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely see a difference! Thanks for the review! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been using this stuff for almost a month now and I'm amazed at how long, thick and full my lashes have gotten. I have it in both the eyeliner and the clear serum, which I wear to bed. The brush is so easy to use, I've been able to get into the very corner of my eye with it and draw a clean line across. I even recommended it to a friend who doesn't use eyeliner on her upper lid and she got the hang of this in a couple minutes. I loveloveLOVE this eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so you didn't report back abou tthe lashes and whether they grew or not..........

    ReplyDelete
  11. @anonymous:
    Yes I did: http://luluchinadoll.blogspot.com/2011/02/final-result-physicians-formula-eye.html

    Please see a complete list of all my reviews from the link on the upper right hand side of my blog page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recommend Digeus Registry Cleaner and Windsty Tune Up Suite as they are the best know on the market. They find and fix most of errors in the system than any other. I run them every time when my computer starts crashing or working slow. They also help to prevent and fix Blue Screen of Death problem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing stuff. I think it was good to use it. Easy to line to my eyes to be look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete