Friday, February 18, 2011

L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow

This eyeshadow is a new product from L'Oreal. When I first spotted it at Target, I was instantly intrigued by the huge sponge tip applicator and decided to pick one up to try.
 
I think it's great that the shadow comes prearranged with 3 complimenting crease, base and highlight shades and are designed for different colors of eyes. They have a natural color and a fun color for brown, green, and blue eyes, plus two more for all eyes. 
 
The one I picked up is 809 Natural for Brown Eyes. The highlight shade is a light taupe color, the base color is a light grayish brown, and the crease color a darker brown. All of them have shimmers. The colors are not extremely pigmented, but together they create a nice gradient on my eyelid, and are perfect for a day time office appropriate look. I do wish that the shadows are a little bit less shimmery and frosty though.
 
 
To use, you grab the sponge tip applicator and sweep it across the pan vertically, then sweep across your eyelid. The curved-in part of the applicator is always picking up the darkest shade on the right, which will then go closest to your lash line. So one sweep, and you get liner/crease shade, all over shadow and highlight shades in one step. The concept is really cool, and even though I thought it was a little gimmicky, it actually worked surprisingly well for my eye shape! The sponge tip applicator is soft picks up a lot of shadow in one go. 
This shadow is great for someone who might be new to makeup but wanted something with more dimension than a single sweep of shadow. This shadow is also a great one to bring on travel because it's quick, easy and fool proof.
I got mine at Target for $8.99 + tax. However since it is a drugstore product, I am surethere will be a BOGO free or 50% sale at CVS in the future.
The pigmentation is lacking, but the shades I picked up is one of the lightest among the group. Some others seem to have fun vibrant colors and I would love to pick more up to try when there is a sale. 
 
 
Have you tried this shadow? Do you often pick up a new product because you were curious about its special packaging or features?

9 comments:

  1. Ive been curious about this product since i first heard about it, wasnt too sure what to think, thanks for the swatches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting but I still think it's quite gimmicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen these many times in the CVS near me but I never bought any. Thanks for the info now I know I can stop thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard so many bad reviews so I'll be staying away from this one. But I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for doing this review! I just recently saw the advertisement for this in a magazine, and it sure caught my attention! It sounded too good to be true though. I like the concept, but in the actual implementation...I don't think it really delivers. Just also wanted to say that your blog is always a pleasure to read! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this recently and thought about getting it. I didn't because I kept thinking about the sponge getting dirty after multiple uses and it just grossed me out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee! I saw these at Walmart and I thought the sponge applicator looked so funny haha. I feel like it's one of those inventions that somebody thinks up and their friend would be like "That's so stupid" but in this case, it worked out XD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought it, but have trouble doing it. It smears across my eye and doesn't look right. Don't know if it takes practise or what.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's a cool concept but looks like the colour payoff isn't as good as we'd hoped. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete