Tuesday, March 8, 2011

♥ February Favorites ♥


♥ First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Therapy -- Skin Protectant w/ Fab Antioxidant Booster
February weather in the Bay Area was cold and nasty. As a result, my skin felt dry and itchy. To make matters worse, I was immensely bugged by the itchy skin rash caused by the unfortunate incident from using the LUSH Sugar Scrub (see my previous review post), so I was on the hunt for a more effective skin cream. After some research, I decided to pick this one up from Sephora. Many reviewers said that this cream made their itch stop fast, and I really needed something fast acting like this.
It claims to "hydrate dry, parched skin. Relieve minor irritation and itching due to eczema and other conditions". It could also be used for the face, which was a plus. I was suffering from a terrible cold/fever in the latter part of February. You know when you blow your nose excessively, the skin around your upper lip area and your nostrils become raw and peely? This cream helped to soothe that and did not cause any breakouts on my face. When used on my body, I do feel that it is very soothing, and helped to relieve itchiness. It also made my skin feel smooth.
I love that it is fragrance free. The texture feels light and almost whipped, so it's really easy to spread and sinks in quickly.

♥ Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil
I've heard so many good reviews about Moroccan argan oil and how beneficial they are to help maintain healthy hair. I got this Organix one from CVS for $7.99 a bottle, which is a lot cheaper than similar Moroccan oil products offered at Sephora.
After I wash my hair every night and towel dry, I squeeze a few drops of this product onto my palms, rub my palms together a few times to evenly distribute the product, then apply onto my hair, concentrate on the roots. This product is suppose to help protect styling heat (such as blow drying after wards) and UV damage while helping to make hair healthier and soft. What I love about it is how fast my hair soaks the product up. I used to use BioSilk Silk Therapy prior to this, which is also a oil based product. But I always felt that it was a bit greasy, like my palms would be left greasy after applying BioSilk. But not so much for this Moroccan oil. It also leaves my hand feeling soft after, so I know it is definitely doing good things to my hair. The product comes out clear and has a nice refreshing smell.

♥ Sephora x Hello Kitty Sweet Gloss -- Peachy (see review here)
I've been using this almost every single day since I purchased it from Sephora around Christmas time last year. It gives just a little bit of nice tint to my lips, yet feels moisturizing like a lip balm. It's slim design allows me to apply this wherever and whenever without the help of a mirror. I might need a backup of this soon (perhaps a different color?) because what you see in the picture is all that I have left, and when I started it was almost twice as much.

♥ Victoria's Secret Eye Flash Liquid Brightening Pen -- Spotlight
I spotted this product while browsing through Victoria's Secret a few weekends ago. It is suppose to be an undereye brightener/highlighter that helps to diminish the looks of dark circles, or it could also be used as a highlight for the cheeks, around the nose or anywhere that you need a little bit of concealing/brightening up. It comes in a clicky pen brush packaging, which reminded me of the YSL Touche Eclat that I have been lemming for a long time. I have been using this product mainly under my eyes to help with my dark circles, and it works great. It doesn't crease on me either (primer applied underneath). I hope to purchase a YSL Touche Eclat soon so I can compare the two.
In the pictures below, the bottom left showing its coloring, and the bottom right image is how it looks lightly spread out. There is a little bit of shimmer, but not too noticeable once completely blended out.

♥ Philosophy The Supernatural Superglossy SPF15 Lip Gloss -- Bare Your Soul
Love the texture of this lip gloss. It is not sticky at all, doesn't settle in fine lines, and makes my lips feel moisturized and smooth. There is no shimmer at all, so no gritty texture either. It has a light minty scent, and feels refreshing on the lips. The SPF is an added plus. This lip gloss comes with a doe foot applicator.

11 comments:

  1. my skin has been so itchy dry! i think i will drop by sephora and try First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Therapy -- Skin Protectant w/ Fab Antioxidant Booster.

    By the way, your photos look fab-u-lous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your Feb favorites. I have to try the First Aid beauty cream!! :) Where did you buy it? I'll have to Google it after :D

    I've seen that Organix treatment the other day. Smells REALLY good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. U like the philosophy lipgloss! <3 I love mine too, and I need to start wearing mine again :)))))))))))) Summer's been weirded out I've been gone all day today. Super clingy and needy tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thx for your reviews!! Ill have to look for the Organix Moroccan Oil next time Im at the drug store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gotta try that moroccan oil!! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great favs! i must pick up that Moroccan oil treatment

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try the first aid beauty cream, definitely on my to-try list now^0^~ Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm interested in Moroccan Argan Oil, I will have to check if it's available here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh! The Philosophy lippie looks really nice!! And so does the HK lipstick!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to go check out the HK stuff at Sephora! I loooove gloss stick-type things.

    ReplyDelete