Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finished Products in February

February was one of those months where a lot of bottles just decided to run out on me (yay for replacing them with new products to use)! So we have a lot to cover today! Let's get started :)
Image from lushusa.com
✔LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer Body Butter -- It is really a body butter and scrub in one. It is a really moisturizing scrub that you use after shower, while your skin is still wet. Then I'd like to lightly rinse my body to get rid of all the scrubby bits left by the bar, and then pat dry. When I use this scrub, I don't even need to use a body lotion afterwards because my skin would feel really moisturized already. It is expensive, but it comes in a huge bar that lasts a long time as long as you be careful not to get it wet. I like to either turn my shower head away or turn the water off when I use it so the bar itself doesn't get in contact with running water (it melts!).

✔Thayers Alcohol-Free Toner -- Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera -- This must have been my 3rd bottle of Thayers rose toner. It is very inexpensive, but does the job well! I love that it is non-irritating, alcohol free, and contains ingredients good for the skin. I also dump some of this in a sprayer bottle to use as a facial spray. You could even use this toner to soak cotton pads in and apply on face as a mask.

✔AmLactin Moisturizing Body Cream -- I used this mainly on my heels before bedtime. I at first tried it on my body but it stung a little bit. On my feet it is absolutely wonderful at keeping my heels soft. According to reviews, this cream is also good for those that have Keratosis Pilaris, or those little goosebumps like things on arms/legs.

✔Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Oil Skin Formula -- My second bottle already. It is gentle on the skin, fragrance free, and foams up nicely. I appreciate the pump bottle design that dispenses just the right amount of product for my whole face each time. I will keep using this face wash and repurchase whenever there is a Clinique GWP at department stores :)

✔E.L.F. Makeup Remover Cleansing Clothes -- Used up two packs of these in February. I use this daily to remove face makeup before Clarisonic. I also use it whenever my face feels greasy or gross, or wipe my hands clean when I am playing and swatching makeup on the back of my hands.

✔CHI Infra Treatment Thermal Protective Treatment -- Took me forever to finish this bottle. It has somewhat of a thick consistency, so you only need a little bit every time. I also don't apply this product (I use it like a conditioner for my hair) anywhere near my scalp, but just at the roots because I noticed it tends to make my hair very oily and weighed down. It makes my hair smooth and helps to detangle. It also serves as a heat protectant to protect the hair from blow dryer damage (or flat iron/curler if you use those) after shower.
 
✔PERT Happy Medium 2 in 1 Shampoo Plus Conditioner -- I had this bottle near my tube so I only use this shampoo to wash my hair whenever I bath. So it has been sitting there for a long time now and I am glad I finally finished it! (yay for bathing). To me it is just a normal shampoo, nothing special. I still use a conditioner afterwards because the it doesn't provide my hair with enough conditioning when used alone.

✔LUSH Snow Fairy Shower Gel -- This is a small bottle of Snow Fairy that I kept next to my tube to use for bubble baths. I squeeze a pretty good amount of this under running water when I bath. It makes a ton of bubbles, and makes my bath smell so good, I love it!

✔LUSH Vanilla Dee-Lite Hand and Body Cream -- I mentioned this cream in my January Favorites post. It is a light textured cream that is not greasy, and gives skin a light moisturizing effects. I think it would actually be a great product to use for the summer when the weather gets warm and applying heavy greasy body lotion feels yucky. The smell is great too, very rich vanilla scent, reminds me of ice cream.

✔Physique 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner -- Mom left this in my shower when she was visiting. I just wanted to use it up. Don't have much to say about this product, not really a big fan hehe. My mom loves to use 2 in 1 products it seems (she buys me drugstore shampoos/body lotions/wash and brings them over when she visits, which is awesome of her so I don't have to waste time purchasing these necessities, because I always have backups in the house!).

✔Clarins Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery Comfort Cream -- Even though this is just a deluxe sample tube, but I still want to mention it here, plus it lasted me quite a while to finish despite how small the tube looked. I love this night cream and I love how smooth and radiant my skin looks and feels the next morning, so I will definitely be purchasing a full sized product soon!

✔Kose Clear Turn White Essence Mask -- This sheet mask are not individually packed, but 28 of them come in this plastic tube with a resealable opening on top. Unlike individually wrapped sheet masks, these do not contain as much essence and are suppose to be a quick 5 minute daily mask for a quick pick-me-up. Since they are not soaked with too much essence, they dry out on the face pretty quickly (especially along the edges) and start to fall off, which can become annoying. I use a sheet right after I come out of shower, and then apply body lotion in the meanwhile, which usually takes 2 to 3 minutes. And then by the time I am done, I can take off the mask and proceed with my night time face skincare routine. So it is a good way to keep my face moisturized until I apply face products, but is it a necessity? Probably not. I normally apply face products right out of shower anyway.

✔Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint Body Cream -- This is a BBW scent that comes out every holiday season. I love the smell of it, it's like the peppermint bark without the calories, and is just heavenly when I go to sleep with this smell on hehe. Another good thing about this body cream is how cooling and tingly (in a good way) my skin feels after this minty cream is applies. I used this when my skin suffered from itchy rashes caused by the LUSH Sugar Scrub, and it greatly helped to reduce the itchiness after wards so I can go to sleep without scratching myself to death.

✔The Body Shop Carrot Moisture Cream --This cream is an orange colored moisturizer that smells...pretty awful! Luckily it really goes away quickly after you apply it into your skin. Other than the scent, the cream itself moisturizes pretty well, it has a thick consistency and I am sure it will be a wonderful product for super dry skin. I tried it on my face, on my neck, and even on my elbows. It didn't cause me to breakout on my face despite the thick texture. But I probably won't repurchase again because I didn't like the scent very much.

9 comments:

  1. My my, Lulu, you continue to amaze me at how many products you finish each month! If I counted correctly, you have 14 this month. Great job! Keep on truckin'. :) I did, however, manage to finish two things. I must post them soon! I felt so proud when I finished them. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrray for finished products!!
    I managed to finish two products for March so far!!
    :D

    xx
    JordanMayTwigs.
    <3

    www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I finished one product this month! *happy dance* Anyways, must check out that toner soon. My HG toner is a wee bit pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang thats a lot of products to finish this month!nicce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You weren't kidding when you said you finished a lot! haha so proud of you! <3

    I will have to try AmLactin because i have Keratosis Pilaris and I've been searching for ways to make it go away or at least minimize it. Also, you don't Physique? I got to try it when it was first launched and I LOVED it! Maybe it wasn't so great because it's a 2-in-1. Usually 2-in-1 shampoo conditioners don't work as well if you were to buy them separately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really interested in trying the AmLactin Moisturizing Body Cream. I suffer from those bumpy red things on my skin! :( The one cream that I saw that was made fro Keratosis Pilaris was the cream they sold @ Sephora (forgetting the name?) but it was really expensive. I have to see where I can by this AmLactin now. Thanks for the rec :) I would've never otherwise known.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're always finishing soo many products every month!!

    I used to use Pert but now it's not sold anymore *shrugs* I didn't like it too much anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is a nice looong list! =) Funny, I was going to try that Thayer's toner after my Dickinson's Witch Hazel was done. Have you tried regular witch hazel? I'm wondering how the rose petal one differs.

    ReplyDelete