Sunday, March 20, 2011

Review: SPAresource Melon Body Butter

Body moisturizer is a must in my daily skincare routine. Fresh out of shower, I always make sure to apply a thick layer of moisturizer all over my body to keep my skin well hydrated. In particular, I love using body butters. Their thicker, more creamy yet super smooth consistency make them extra moisturizing and easy to spread on. Plus they come in a variety of wonderful scents that lingers and put me in a good mood before bedtime. A few of my favorite body butter brands include Korres, Yes to Carrots, and the Victoria's Secret Secret Garden line.


I was contacted by SPAresource to review and test out their body butters. This company is based in Canada and ships out all their products from their warehouse in Ontario, Canada. A quick glance at their body butter page, I already spotted a few scents that I knew I would really enjoy. In particular, the Juicy Peach, Mango, and Melon ones really stood out. I picked Melon scent to try. I have never tried any other brands with a melon scented body butter so I was especially excited about it.

The scent smelled like fresh sweet honeydew and was exactly what I was imaging it to be. The container I received is the smaller size, with 1.7 fl. oz./50 ml of products, and is priced at $2. SPAresource also offers a larger sized container for sale, at $6 you get 6.8 fl. oz./200 ml. Obviously the bigger size is a better deal. But both are so reasonably priced! The small container I received must have been the cutest jar of body butter I've ever seen. It fits in the palms of my hands.


Needless to say, there weren't that much products in this little container and with generous use every night, this jar lasted me about 2 weeks. This would be a perfect size to travel with since the majority of the body butters I have purchased in the past all come in pretty huge jars.

I love all things honeydew melon scented so I loved this body butter scent oh so much. I couldn't help but keep sniffing as I applied it. The texture is thick, yet melts with the heat from the palms of my hands upon using and spread easily on my skin. It is really moisturizing, yet did not seem to leave a heavy greasy film feeling on my skin after wards. 

Because of body butter's thick consistency, they are better suited for the colder weathers. I also noticed they offer a range of Body Butter Lite, with a lighter, whipped texture that would be perfect for warmer days.


Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, I received the SPAresrouce Melon Body Butter to test and review for free. I did not get paid for this post, nor am I affiliated with the company. All opinions expressed are my own honest opinion.

7 comments:

  1. Really nice! Sounds like it smells amazing! :) I wish I had more patience to apply after I shower! :p Do you know if this butter has any weird ingredients in it? I love butters but I can only use the ones from Yes to Carrots or natural lines since I apparently have skin allergies to others!

    I love Yes to Carrots body butters too, particularly the cucumber one :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spa resource products do smell pretty good. I've only tried the cranberry scent that i received as a xmas gift one year. Didn't know they were made so close to home! I still prefer the bbw body butter cuz i love the japanese cherry blossom scent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove their body butters and hand creams, they are the best! I also recently got a Stipple Brush from them and it's great so far x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Too bad there isn't too much product in it though...but I guess that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice review! I don't think I've seen a melon body butter/lotion scent before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very impressed with the SKII Facial Treatment Essence (http://www.geocities.jp/hongkong_skii/index_e.htm), enough so that I have continued to use the product daily as part of my skin care routine after the test period. It's a luxury purchase to be sure, but this is one of the best products that can really make a significant difference in your skin, and so worth every penny.

    I applied the treatment each morning and evening after cleansing my skin and before moisturizer/primer and then makeup. Within just a few days I could see that my skin was much more supple and smooth - particularly in the t-zone. After about two weeks, I loved the beautiful glow my skin had - even without makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love melon scent. the price is also reasonable. can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete