Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: SPAresource Melon Hand Cream


Along with the SPAresouce Melon Body Butter, SPAresource also sent me a Melon Hand Cream to test out. Just like the body butter, it smelled sweet and wonderful. Their hand creams also come in a variety of scents, and come in bigger and smaller sized tubes. The one I received is the smaller of the two, at 1.7 fl. oz./50 ml, and retails for $2. The bigger size they offer is 500 ml and retails for $6. Again, very reasonably priced products. Unlike body butters, I only use a little bit of the hand cream every time, so I think even with the smaller sized tube, it will last me a while to use up.

I like the idea of matching the same scent for the hand cream and the body butter. I brought both products on my recent trip to San Diego. Because they are both in small sized containers, I appreciated the luggage space they both saved me.

The hand cream comes out as a thick cream, thicker than some of the hand creams I have used in the past. However it melts pretty easily and leaves my hands very moisturized. Even though the product description claims that the product does not leave hand greasy. I still felt that it was a bit greasy for day time use. But also keep in mind, I am the type of person who couldn't bare any trace of greasiness on my finger tips from any beauty products. If I have to apply hand creams during the day, I normally squeeze a little bit onto the backs of my hands and rub the backs together, so that my palm and finger tips never touch the products. That is the only way I can bare to have hand creams on during the day, and I have no problem doing that with this hand cream. But once a day before bed time, I layer on my hand cream thickly and massage well. I loved that it left my hands super moisturized for the entire night and smelled wonderful even after I woke up. I also appreciated the flip top design, which makes it much easier to use compared to a screw-on cap.

I would love to try the SPAresource hand creams in a few more different scents. I would probably prefer to buy the smaller sized ones so I could try out more scents, and the tubes would be small enough to toss into my purse on the go without being too bulky and heavy.


Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, I received the SPAresrouce Melon Hand Cream to test and review for free. I did not get paid for this post, nor am I affiliated with the company. All opinions expressed are my own honest opinion.

9 comments:

  1. Oh funny, I actually have this hand cream in this flavor in my handbag! SPAresource makes the best hand creams, they are so thick and smell so strong (which I love)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it surely smells amazing! i love the smell of melons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melon flavor in a hand cream sounds yummy! But I don't like hand creams that are too thick though..
    Miss talking to you too <3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the sound of this better than the body butter. The thickness of body butter scares me. haha I also L-O-V-E melons. mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow they even have a matching hand cream. that's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this too! someone gave it to me for xmas a long time ago i looove the smell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always see this brand at Walmart in Canada but I haven't tried them yet

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi loves! been busy eh? im glad u spotted that adorable necklace u gave me! thank you babe!!! *hugs*

    the box contains some Red Juvenus samples which im planning to give to a blogger pal thats why i didnt take a pic of the products :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes i seriously love Clarisonic Mia more than any other product right now. not sure what i would do without it. if it disappeared off the face of the earth one day, im sure i would try to invent it myself. llol ~

    does this hand cream also moisturize the cuticles? trying to find a good cuticle/hand cream at the moment.

    ReplyDelete