Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Review: DermaSilk 90 Second Eye Lift

Today's DermaSilk review is on the 90 Second Eye Lift Instant Tightening Serum. This was the product that first caught my attention when I checked out DermaSilk's product page. I am always looking for a good eye cream/serum that will help depuff my undereyes, erase appearance of fine lines, and diminishes dark circles. Could this be the one?!


This eye serum claims to "significantly tighten the loose skin around the delicate eye area while reducing under eye puffiness as well as lightening dark circles."


It comes in a thin marker sized pump bottle. Compared to the other DermaSilk products, this one's pump is a little bit harder to control and have a precise amount dispensed each time, especially since you don't need too much eye serum each use. The first time I pumped, a huge glob of products came out. Despite the warning on the back of the box that says "Overapplication may result in the appearance of a white residue. If this occurs gently pat the area with a damp cloth". I didn't want it to go to waste! Turned out it was a bad mistake, the dried up excess serum fell into little eraser dust like flakes around my eyes and I looked like my my skin were shedding. I had to wash off the whole thing and reapply.

I at first wanted to use this product in the mornings, but found out it was not compatible with my eye makeup at all! It got all flaky when I put on my eye primer and then the eye shadow. So now I switched to using it every night and it has worked okay, provided that I make sure I don't over apply like the first time.


It has a clear watery consistency that is not oily at all and has no scent. Upon patting in around the eye area, it felt sticky at first, and then once completely dried, I can feel the tightening effect dramatically. My eyelid actually felt funny because it felt like it got glued and lifted. 

Besides the dramatic lifting and depuffing effect, I haven't seen any improvements to my dark circles. It might have helped with the fine lines around my eyes but I also didn't see too much dramatic difference.

Even though it provided a very nice depuffing effect to my eyes, I probably would not consider repurchasing this again, due to its hassle during application. Make sure you use gentle patting motion and do not rub to prevent the product from flaking off. Also, I've noticed that it has a little bit of a burning/tingling sensation around my eye area upon application, and I didn't enjoy that experience too much. Overall a nice product but needs some improvements to make it more user friendly. I would really like to use this in the mornings especially since that is when my eyes are the puffiest, but an eye serum that I cannot apply makeup over is so inconvenient.



Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, I received the DermaSilk 90 Second Eye Lift to test and review for free. I did not get paid for this post, nor am I affiliated with the company. All opinions expressed are my own honest opinion.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Lulu, I'm also always on the look out for eye products. ^^ I think I will skip it based on your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the honest and thorough review! I recently tried a couple of products with that same flaking thing...I wonder if there's a specific ingredient in there that causes it to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soo much Lulu for your honest review.
    Its extremely helpful to me, as others, especially when its $39.99!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review, I will skip buying this product. I do not need any more hassel in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The reason it does this to your eye lid and eye makeup is because it is not supposed to be applied there. It is an 'under' eye lift and it states that on the box, on the actual container, and in the directions... wow what a great reviewer you are...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous above, I understand that it is an under eye lift, however I don't know about you but when I put on eye makeup in the mornings, I also pat excess primer on the under eye area for concealer application, and put shadow along the lower lash line. If you had more successful experience with this product, then good for you. But I am stating what I experienced with all honesty. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it's too good to be true than you know the saying. Well, I did pay 39.99$ for this product, I was hopeful. I do have bags and under eye darkness but I'm 50 plus in age so that is a huge part why. Do not waste your money on this, it's full of toxic ingredients and only has a tightening effect. If you do not laugh or have any facial expression it looks ok but when you laugh it shows all your wrinkles and some. It will leave a cracked powdery look around the eye. I had to wash it off and apply almond oil which I've been using a short while, it works and diminishes dark circles with time and it's all natural. So much healthier for you. Hope this helps for some of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @anonymous, thanks do much for your honest input, and thanks for the tips on almond oil! I need to check that out! Hope you find something else that will give you better results as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does anyone favor surgical removal of lower eye bags? My eye bags make me look so tired and ugly, recently I am thinking of the surgical removal procedure, I would love to get some advice from you or better option as I am a bit scare of the procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, (I just read this post)

    Since I don't know if this will "publish" properly, this is going to be a quick, test-drive, so to speak. Like you, LuLu, I'm always looking for and trying different "concoctions" to keep my skin healthy, young, glowing, etc., especially around my eyes.

    I have my father's very Russian features, his eyes, lips, and cheekbones, a good thing; however, our eyes, definitely shaped of Asian-descent and deep-set, have a tendency to "puff" easily (in the mornings, etc., but not all the time).

    I think I notice this stuff way more than others, but I don't know ... Hmmm ... Anyway, like I said, although this isn't an everyday occurrence, I take great strides in my skin-care. I'm trying to produce a "miracle-solution" for this problem! Wouldn't that be awesome? Cosmetic surgery isn't for everyone, and it can be expensive ... but for now anyway, I'm trying to at least post-pone or possibly prevent this elaborate alternative ...

    Friends and loved ones think I'm crazy for wanting an "if-all-else-fails cosmetic "eye" surgery." Maybe I am? They also say, "I don't see what you see, your eyes are perfectly smooth!" I think they're just trying to be nice, don't you? In any event, I've been using Dermasilk, and I really like it.

    You're absolutely right about its consistency, but I found a technique that works well for me. Long story short (I know, I said this would be quick - ha!) I use it last, after distributing my daily and nightly efforts. I don't use much make-up, but I do "play up" my eyes with "the works." After applying my eyeliner (the amount depends on the time, the occasion, etc.) I "remedy" a cotton-swab.

    After pumping some of the product onto my finger, I dip one end of the swab into the serum, and then I gently stroke it from the outer corner of one eye to the inner (not the opposite direction, inner to outer, like many suggest). Since a small amount goes a long way, a little dab will do ya', and then I repeat the other side.

    This will "set" my eyeliner, treat my puffy-morning eyes, and protect my skin from the day's elements. At night, I do pretty much the same thing, except without the make-up part. I don't always use it at night, and I switch it up quite often with different, additional products. Because I'm a perfectionist, I do have trial-and-error methods as well, but, of course, that's another "chapter." LOL

    Peace,
    B. ♥ (will this take? we'll see ... )

    ReplyDelete