Monday, April 11, 2011

Review: DermaSilk Collagen Gold

This week, I will post a series of reviews for DermaSilk products. I have been sent these products to test out and review. DermaSilk line are claimed to contain "clinically proven ingredients to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and premature aging". I was sent a total of 5 products that I have incorporated into my day and night skin care routine for the past month and after having used them for a while (even finished with two of the products), I feel that I am ready for a proper review.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today's focus will be on the DermaSilk Collagen Gold Revitalizing Facial Serum.  This serum claims to "restore and maintain levels of collagen in the skin, promote collage synthesis and control the breakdown of collagen fibers while plumping and smoothing the skin for a more youthful appearance".


The bottle comes in a 0.5 fl. oz. size. The pump is easy and convenient to use. I used this as my night serum, after toner and before moisturizer.  I used about 2 pumps worth of products each time, and used a light tapping motion to apply this all over my face and neck.


The product has a gel consistency with a very faint floral scent that goes almost non-detectable.  Upon applying onto the skin, it feels very cooling and refreshing. It absorbs very easily and dries matte. I liked that it didn't make my skin feel heavy and oily after using this.


Once patted into the skin, there is a slight sticky feel to it, I am guessing this is the collagen component. But it is not bothersome at all, and I'd just go on to the next step of my skincare. This serum makes my skin feel lightly moisturized, soft, and I can feel a slight tightening effect.

Did it have a lasting improvements on my skin? It's hard to tell but my answer leans towards no. It makes my skin soft and tightened for the night but I didn't notice it improve (or deteriorate) the condition of my skin overtime. This is a nice to have product to add an extra layer of protection for my skin.


Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, I received the DermaSilk Collagen Gold to test and review for free. I did not get paid for this post, nor am I affiliated with the company. All opinions expressed are my own honest opinion.

3 comments:

  1. collagen product nice! it's sad it didn't have a lasting improvements on you. at least it softens and tightens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the honest and thorough review Lulu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this honest review! =)

    ReplyDelete