Thursday, April 14, 2011

Review: DermaSilk Double Chin

This was another DermaSilk product that really caught my attention. I've always been curious to try chin firming products because I read that with adequate massage motions, it will help to tighten the chin area and make the face appear smaller, thus slimmer face. DermaSilk Double Chin Firming Facial Contouring Serum claims to be "a dual action forming formula that firms sagging skin and reduces the appearance of fat under the chin and neck".


Turns out this was probably my least favorite product out of all the DermaSilk ones I have been trying. Perhaps I didn't have much of a double chin to start off with, so I really didn't see any effect it had. While it does have a firming feel upon application, it also felt very sticky, and made my skin itch a few times. I also tried this on hubby a few times, he says it felt like glue on his chin, I guess because of the tightening and the sticky feeling at the same time.


Whenever I remember, I use this as the last step of my night routine. Like the eye serum, make sure to not use too much otherwise it flakes off as well. And don't use a rubbing motion. I take 1 pump, and pat it in. I wish I could use more of a massage motion to give my chin/neck area a light massage while at it, but the flaking becomes cumbersome.


It has that of a viscous gel consistency and is very sticky. It has a little fishy smell but not as bad as the Miracle Cream.

Overall, I think this product will be better suited for perhaps someone older with more visible sagging skin, as I did not notice too much result on me. But the obvious firming feeling tells me that someone who is looking for tighter skin will appreciate it even more.



Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, I received the DermaSilk Double Chin Firming  to test and review for free. I did not get paid for this post, nor am I affiliated with the company. All opinions expressed are my own honest opinion.

3 comments:

  1. I vote we just use tape on our faces to give visible lift and tightening. xD On a serious note, perhaps this can be used for a neck treatment, followed up with a layer of moisturizer to cover the stickiness? Eh who knows. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad it didn't work. I was hoping for a better result.

    New follower! Hope you can follow me back too:
    http://feminine-art.blogspot.com/

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think we can see more prominent results if this was used by a person who really needs it. We don't frequently come by with a product that specifically beautifies the chin and neck area, and these body parts are just as important as the face. It's interesting to know if this actually reduces double chins. I believe double chins can be fixed through regular exercise or visits to the cosmetic clinic.

    ReplyDelete