Sunday, May 8, 2011

♥ April Favorites ♥

Before end of April becomes end of May, I want to quickly share some of my favorite products that I enjoyed using in the month of April:


♥ Lancome Ageless Minerale Foundation SPF 21 Sunscreen
I like to use mineral foundation when the weather gets warmer, they do a better job at oil controlling for my super oily t-zone. I purchased this Lancome mineral line to try, the kit came with a corrector/primer, a mineral foundation, a setting powder, along with a powder brush that I have been absolutely loving! I chose the shade Natural Beige 30, which was a prefect match for my MAC NC25 skin. This foundation gives me the most amazing glow and evens out my skin very nicely. I love how quick and easy it is to apply mineral foundation in the morning when I'm in a hurry -- swirl, tap and buff, then I'm out of the door.

♥ Naruko Magnolia Brightening and Firming Night Gelly
I purchased a few Naruko Night Gellies from Sasa and this one was my favorite. Unlike some other sleeping masks I've used in the past, this Night Gelly/mask applies so much easier, absorbs into my skin like a regular moisturizer without the stickiness, so I don't have to go to bed worrying about the product getting all over my pillow. The Magnolia line brightens and firms the skin. On days that I did not get a chance to do a sheet or clay mask, I like to put this Night Gelly on before bedtime, it is soothing and relaxing. The magnolia flower scent is heavenly, it brings me to the sweet memories of my weekly visit to grandpa's house as a child, as his house was surrounded by magnolia trees.

♥ Naruko Rose & Snow Fungus Classic Hydrating Night Eye Gelly
The Rose & Snow Fungus line is for hydration of the skin. This eye gelly is very soothing around the eye area and causes no irritation for me. I like to pat in a thick layer of this before bedtime, massage and slowly let it absorb. I feel like it has helped with the fine lines under my eyes, which have been especially bothering me recently because of my allergy and constant rubbing my dry and itchy eyes.

♥ Philosophy Turbo Booster C Powder
The concept of this product is very interesting. It is a little vial packed full of Vitamin C powder. Every morning, I'd take a little scoop of the powder out and mix it with my morning skincare, sometimes my moisturizer, sometimes my serum, and sometimes my toner, depending on my mood. It dissolves very quickly upon mixing and won't leave any white powder residue on the face. I found it to be amazing at helping to brighten the skin and my acne scars have also lightened significantly after continued usage. My skin does feel a tiny bit of tingling when using this product, but I don't mind it, I think of it as the powder working its magic.

I had read somewhere that while Vitamin C is good for your skin because it contains antioxidants and gives your skin a younger, clearer and brighter look, many products with Vitamin C lose its potency significantly as they are exposed to light or mixed with some other ingredients. This powder is pure Vitamin C that will stay stable in its dark colored glass vial until ready to be used. So perhaps that's why this product has worked so well.

♥ Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 Oil Free
This is my first Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. I was debating between the regular TM and the Oil Free version and decided on the latter because I have oily T-zone and want to stay as matte as possible throughout the day. I think I made the right choice, this tinted moisturizer is amazing! I use my hands to apply this, it is quick, easy and an instant complexion booster! Since this was an online order, I wasn't sure which shade I really was, and after doing a ton of research, I decided on Sand, which turned out to be a tad dark for me, but it will be a better shade for the summer for sure. For now, since it has a sheer coverage that is buildable, I have been applying a very thin layer, which has worked out great as well.

♥ Ole Henriksen Grease Relief Face Tonic
This toner's name definitely caught my attention -- it is what I've always been looking for, grease relief for the face! I am liking this toner so far. It is non-irritating and non-drying even though it does contain alcohol, for some reason though there is no sting unlike other alcohol-containing toners I have used in the past. The witch hazel scent is quite strong, but I don't mind it too much.

♥ DDF Glycolic 10% Toning Complex
This toner contains Alpha Hydroxy Acid that exfoliates the skin and claims to minimize the appearance of fine lines and visibly decrease the look of pore size. I use this as a once every few day/week treatment in place of my regular toner to help my skin slough off dead skin cells -- it does a great job exfoliating the skin and makes my skin feel softer. It also makes my skin less oily, and is an excellent acne-prevention/treating toner. I don't really recommend this product if you have sensitive skin though, as it is a quite harsh and drying formula. But if you have oily skin that is prone to break-outs, give this a try.

♥ Cake Milk Made Body Hydrating Moisture Milk
I've been loving this as my everyday body moisturizer. It has a very light, non-greasy and fluid like texture that is perfect for the summer. There is no yucky greasy feeling on my skin after using this one. Plus, it smells so yummy too. It is a sweet milky scent with a hint of raspberry. My only complaint is that while the concept of  pump bottle seems to be a great way to spray this on for a light even coverage, the formula is still a bit thick to be pumped through a thin straw. It didn't bother me too much though, I just unscrew the top every time when I use it, and it's been working great anyway. I've already purchased back-ups of this.

9 comments:

  1. I am so glad the Lancome foundation worked out for you! I remember we were trying to figure out what shade would work for you. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh im interested in trying out the turbo c powder~! i have some acne marks i want to fade too~ thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great faves! I hear very good things about vitamin C - ever thought of trying the super $$$ SkinCeuticals one? xD I have to stop myself before I think too far. That one is liquid though, and perhaps less stable than the powdered Philosophy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are still so diligent with posting your monthly favorites, Lulu! Thumbs up!

    I have the Naruko Magnolig Night Gelly and Night Eye Gelly, but so far I don't really see an improvement. Neither in brightening nor in firming. The only thing is that my skin feels super soft and smooth in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the philosophy vitamin c powder looks interesting! i've tried serums with vitamin c and noticed that they helped lighten acne scars and brightened my skin a bit, but the powder version will probably last a lot longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried the Philosophy Booster C powder, but it always leave my skin orange-y (from the residue). After I wash my wash the next day though, I could see how better my skin looked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The powder looks interesting! At first, I thought you were supposed to eat it!!

    And Cake products always smell so nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never cease to amaze me Lulu. Looking at all the products you finish every month I can't help but feel like you have 10 different faces or something. Are you sure you're not applying these on other people? *shifty eyes* haha!!
    Ooh seeing that LM tinted moisturizer reminds me that I should take out the sample I got a while back and use it. Hope I like it as much as you do! Thanks for sharing these posts (as always)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lulu, thanks for stopping by!

    I've been meaning to try Cake Milk's line but I keep forgetting! If you like Ole Henriksen, you should try the Truth Serum Collagen Booster (vit c)!

    Wow, you're so good with finishing things! It's really rather impressive!!

    ReplyDelete