Tuesday, July 5, 2011

China Haul

When the Customs officer at the airport asked us what we bought in China, I told her -- makeup and skincare. She looked at hubby and jokingly asked, are any of them for you? The answer is of course, none. hahaha :p

Because we had to visit several different locations during our two weeks trip, the domestic traveling really prevented me from purchasing much during the first few legs of the trip. It wasn't until we arrived at our last location -- Guangzhou/Hong Kong, that I seriously hauled. At that time I finally room in my luggage after most of the gifts we've brought were given away, and if I couldn't bring any of the yummy food back, I had to bring back something right ;)

Most of the beauty items I purchased in Guangzhou were from Watsons -- like Walgreens, they are everywhere! During our one day trip to Hong Kong, I also had a chance to visit Sasa and Bonjour.

 
Being the mask addict that I am, I couldn't pass up the opportunity of buying more. I actually didn't get a whole lot this time because they weigh a lot and would be a hassle to travel with. I got some more of my favorite mG masks. The individual ones were not cheap, about $4 each. But they are made with an ultra thin silk clothes that feels so heavenly on the face. 

The top right corner is a peeling foot mask from Watsons. I have already tried one after I came back. Basically you wear the foot mask on for about an hour and then rinse off. In about a few days time, all the dead skin on your feet will start to peel off. The process is very gross yet satisfying. I had a few calluses from walking/exercising. After peeling, I was left with baby soft feet. Now I am totally for sandal season!

I picked up a backup of my favorite mascara: Kiss Me Heroine. This combo set also comes with the mascara remover -- it has a plastic wand similar to mascara. To remove mascara on your lashes, you just apply the solution onto your lashes, and gently wipe. Its compact size will be perfect for travel.

On the right side were a bunch of tools I've picked up -- pore extractor, eye brow razor, spatula for scooping out clay/cream masks, and brushes for applying mask. Last month, I went to my first facial, and my beautician used a brush to apply my face mask, it felt so good and luxurious. So when I saw these brushes at Bonjour, I had to pick a few up to try. They make mask application so much easier, no more messy fingers, and they help apply masks very evenly. The synthetic fiber makes it very easy to rinse them clean and dry.

  
Top left, a peach flavored hand cream in a peach shaped container -- too cute to pass up!

Top right: stocked up on my favorite deodorant from Nivea. It has skin whitening ingredients to help combat skin discoloration in the armpit area from shaving.

Middle left: my best friend asked me to help her pick up a NUXE cream because it is hard to find in the US. So I picked one up for myself to try as well.

Middle right: oil blotting paper, in various cute packagings.

Bottom left: multi-layered cotton pads that can be peeled off in layers and used as a quick face mask with your favorite toners.

Bottom right: decided to give Nexcare Acne Dressing another chance. I have purchased this before from Sasa and used up the whole box, but unfortunately it didn't work too well for me. After talking to some blogger friends and reading reviews online, I realized this acne treatment is only good for certain kinds of acne, namely the raised puzzy ones -- after a few hours of putting this on, the acne dressing is suppose to soak up all the impurities inside of the pimple, and helps it to heal so much faster. It actually doesn't work well for cystic acne.

Picked up a Chanel Rouge Coco in 17 Orchidee at the duty free shop at the airport. After I came home and opened my lipstick drawer, I realized it is probably time for me to stop buying new lipsticks that I never get a chance to use. So here is a reminder for myself to not buy new lipsticks for the time being, so I can get to all the new ones I've bought recently and swatch them for you soon :)
I also bought a lot of hair accessories during my trip -- more than enough hair clips than I could use because I almost never put my hair up in the US. But the hot weather in China really got to me and it was too annoying to leave my long hair down the whole time, so hair clips really came in handy.

The red hair bun holder and hair brush were gifts from my best childhood friends. The hair clips on the top right corner were gifts from cousin's wife when she took me out shopping in Guangzhou, thank you :) The funny looking phone cord thing on the left bottom corner were actually hair ties. Appearantly they are really popular in China. After trying them on, I loved how nicely they held up my hair, but wasn't too hot on the idea of having phone cord in my hair. But I still asked my cousin to pick some up for me because they will be perfect to tie my hair up before I put them in a bun (so they could be hidden), because they not only hold well, but will help my hair to add volume!

Jewelries that I picked up.
This matching earrings/necklace set was a gift from my cousin ♥


Cute socks that I found in Guangzhou :)

Hope you enjoyed my haul!

8 comments:

  1. Woo! Amazing haul Lulu. I love the socks, super adorable. I'm drooling over your mask haul, I remember your old post on mG masks but haven't seen them online. The foot peel sounds awesome since that area is such a stubborn and constant upkeep.

    We need whitening under arm stuff in the States too. All of the jewelry is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly! You really did haul! haha The whitening deoderant thing, does it work? Cuz I really need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lulu!

    My best friend sent the Damask Ice Cream masks for me from Taiwan. They smell softly of roses, not ice cream sadly lol. I've seen them for sale on sasa or ebay (alphahk is a good seller).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing haul - gotta love shopping on China!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You definitely wasted no time on shopping!!! So many goodies, I am so jealous, I really can't wait to get back to HK and just haul big time!! I am most amazed at the Nivea deodorant, I never knew it could whiten!! xX

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha i love it when customs officers shed a little sense of humor on passengers. :P i love your haul Lulu! good job on managing to control your cosmetic shopping and getting the practical stuff! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great haul! The Chanel Rouge Coco looks so pretty! The socks are really cute too. I need to visit China soon! So much to buy! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great purchases! the socks are adorable :) I saw that Nivea deodorant when I was browsing Sasa a while back, does it really help with whitening the skin? I ♥ using a brush to apply masks - definitely helps from getting your hands into the product & then dealing with closing the container!

    ReplyDelete