Sunday, July 3, 2011

Meeting Kay in Beijing

A few weeks ago, hubby and I visited China for two weeks. While I was in Beijing, I had the chance to meet my wonderful blogger friend Kay! Kay works in a nearby city but she took the day off and rode the train all the way to Beijing to see me. I felt so honored and was super excited about our meet up.
Kay and I posing next to a billboard featuring Jay Chou and Hello Kitty -- two of my favorites hahaha.
We decided to meet in Xi Dan (西单)area, where a lot of restaurants and shopping malls are located. The last time I visited Beijing was when I was 6-years-old, so the city was completely new to me since so much has changed. There were so many exciting places for us to visit and discover, but unfortunately we only had a short stay of 2 days in Beijing this time. I also do not recommend visiting China in the summer months if you have a choice, the weather was extremely hot and humid, every time I go out, I just wanted to go back home and jump in the shower because I hated that sticky feel all over my body.
For lunch, we went to a hot pot place called Hai Di Lao (海底捞), which was famous for its excellent service and yummy food. Hai Di Lao was such an interesting dining experience -- the waiters were super attentive, the food was yummy and fresh. We ordered a side of noodles, just to see this performance to be done next to our table. When hubby's eyeglasses got fogged up by the steam from the hotpot, a waiter came right away with a glass wipe. They also offer a ton of extra services to the diners -- free internet, computer games, karaoke, chess and checkers, to name a few. Kay and I enjoyed a round of checkers together. The best part was getting a manicure after our lunch -- also part of the free services the restaurant offers.
Free manicure for the girls.
Kay was such a fun person to be with. We chatted about anything and everything during our few hours together. I totally wish that I didn't have to go and that we could spend more time together!
Kay also brought goodies for me, which was so kind of her. She got me a little bit of everything -- face mask, her favorite Cover Girl Lash Blast, Sleek Pout Polish, Revlon lip gloss, pretty pigments, and a cool looking eyeshadow palette with a super blingy silver shade. She also bought me these pretty pearl earrings ♥ Thank you so much dear, for making my Beijing visit so much more exciting!

8 comments:

  1. omg i looove that brand of clothing in China because Jay is their spokesperson, lolol.

    I gotta check out that hot pot place... bc I might be moving to Beijing this fall! *fingers crossed*

    Looks like you had fun... maybe next time we can do a meetup too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! An update from Lulu. Totally coo international blogger meeting, it's really nice that the two of you got the spend time together. The food looks great and it's so generous of Kay to give you those lovely presents.

    I'm a baby when it's hot in the Bay so I can't imagine how it is in a humid place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun together! And that restaurant sounds awesome, free manicures included?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGGGGG I'm so behind commenting, blog hopping and reading tweets!! You went to China :O OMGGGG and you met Kay!!! Aweee!! I'm so behind!! seems like a great trip!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like you guys had fun! I haven't visited China in so long. How is it like nowadays?

    Hi Lulu, how have you been? I haven't talked to you in AGES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had SO much fun!! That restaurant looks so cool. Great service, good food, a performance AND a free manicure?!?! What didn't they think of?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for meetups! I had a great time seeing you and I hope we can meet up again in Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh international meetup! Kay is such a sweetheart, isn't she? That restaurant sounds really nice and the food looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete