Did you know... the sun is actually brighter now than it was four centuries ago? The sun is getting brighter, there is less protective ozone and people are spending more time outdoors. And, due to global climate changes, the spring season starts earlier and fall arrives later. This means we are exposed to more dangerous UV rays now than in earlier decades.
Melanoma, the most deadly form of skin cancer, is the most preventable type of cancer but is still on the rise. I have personally known people who have been affected by melanoma, and I am a firm believer of always wearing sun protection when I head outside. Let's help raise awareness by wearing ORANGE on “Melanoma Monday,” Monday, May 6 (tomorrow), and encouraging your your friends to do the same. Click here to learn more.
I am a big fan of Neutrogena sunscreens, they offer a variety of different products to suit my different needs, and are inexpensive choices of sun protection that are readily available from the drugstores. My favorite from them has been the Ultra Sheer range, I liked their non-greasy finish and high levels of SPF offered, it is our family's vacation must have!
Check out these six sunscreens our dermatologists recommend for surviving the summer season and beyond.
1. NEUTROGENA® Beach Defense™ Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30: Provides beach strength broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection in a lightweight, fast absorbing formula, ideal for outdoor skin protection of the active family.
2. NEUTROGENA® Ultra Sheer® Body Mist Sunscreen: Stabilized with Helioplex® Technology, providing superior balanced broad-spectrum protection against UVA-aging and UVB-burning rays in an ultra-light, non-greasy finish.
3. NEUTROGENA® Wet Skin Kids Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 45+: Developed with a technology that is designed to cut through water to apply directly to wet skin with minimal whitening or dripping off.
4. NEUTROGNA® Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 55: Specially designed to provide superior sun protection without causing breakouts on acne-prone skin.
5. NEUTROGENA® Age Shield™ Face Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 110: Skin conditioners hydrate and replenish skin as the lightweight lotion absorbs quickly for a fresh, non-greasy feel, protecting your face and helping to maintain a youthful appearance every time you wear it.
6. NEUTROGENA® MicroMist® Airbrush Sunless Tan: For those looking to avoid the rays, this one-touch continuous spray works at any angle to tan hard-to-reach places--even your back. It dries fast and won't clog pores.
Would you like to try these Neutrogena sun products? One winner (U.S. only, please) will be lucky enough to receive:
1. NEUTROGENA® Beach Defense™ Sunscreen
2. NEUTROGENA® Ultra Sheer® Body Mist Sunscreen
3. NEUTROGENA® Wet Skin Kids Lotion Sunscreen
4. NEUTROGNA® Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen
5. NEUTROGENA® Age Shield™ Face Lotion Sunscreen
6. NEUTROGENA® MicroMist® Airbrush Sunless Tan
To join, please be a follower of my blog & twitter, and leave a comment below by simply saying "enter me please!" Giveaway will end in 2 weeks on May 20th, 2013. Please also feel free to let me know what your favorite sunscreen(s) are, I'd love to try out new products that are available out there! Thanks and good luck!
EDIT (5/21/13): Winner posted! Congratulations :)
Disclaimer: I did not get paid for this announcement. Giveaway items will be supplied by PR.