Thursday, May 30, 2013

Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick in 103 Brun Creatéur

I spotted the Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick being featured in the April 2013 "In Style" magazine (page 102), and remembered I still haven't blogged about my new favorite lipstick -- Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick in 103 Brun Createur.

According to the description, each full sized lipstick is encased in real leather, textured lambskin to be exact. It is a semi-matte formula that comes in 12 different shades.

I was lucky enough to score a deluxe sample of the lipstick in shade 103 Brun Createur for 100 Sephora Beauty Insider points back in April, but I heard the sample ran out very quickly -- I can totally imagine, this was definitely one of the good 100-point rewards.


Of course my sample did not come encased in leather, but it still came neatly packaged in a nice sturdy black box, and the lipstick sample itself is wrapped in plastic and then in tissue paper. I regretted not picking up more when I had the chance, as this would make such a cute little stocking stuffer.


Shade 103 Brun Createur is described as a dusty rose. Upon first swatch, I fell in love with both the lipstick formula and the shade.

It is a nice rosy MLBB (my lips but better) shade that is suitable for everyday, it shows up really nice and pretty in pictures. Besides its nice pigmentation, I also love its semi-matte finish, there are no sparkles or glitters in this shade, and it is not too matte either that it dries out the lips. It feels light-weight on the lips and has long lasting power that doesn't bleed or feature over time.

Below are my lip swatches, with a picture of my bare lips without any products on as comparison:
Bare Lips
Givenchy Le Rouge (103 Brun Createur)
Givenchy Le Rouge (103 Brun Createur)

5 comments:

  1. Oooohhhhh!!! The color is beautiful! Now you've got me wanting to try it! I didn't see this 100 point item in the store so I must have missed it. Either that or it didn't make its way down to Hawaii. Thanks for sharing and enabling! LOL!

    *Kat*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha you are welcome :p Hope you get to try it in store soon. I heard when this was part of the 100 point reward even the online ones were grabbed very quickly, maybe they had limited supplies too. Again, so regretted not grabbing more when I was in store!! then I could send you one :(

      Delete
  2. Oooh, the love the color! My local Sephora never has anything good for 100-point perks sadly. :T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yea I got really lucky, I rarely get to go to a sephora store since I don't live close to any, but that one day I happened to be at the mall and just had to go in and see what new stuff they had :p I love the color too!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful stunning color :) i love it!

    ReplyDelete